Thread: fuel line leaking at new installation

erich1972 Guest

Default fuel line leaking at new installation

New installation of 750 dbl.pump. new fuel line. Hooked up both lines (with teflon tape)
    At start up, it is leaking where the line screws in the carb. (both places) When I installed
    the line, both fittings went in nicely. My fingers is most of the threading. Then snugged good with wrench.
    The fittings were not crossthreaded. Please help.

erich1972 Guest

Default I should have said that my fingers did most of the threading

Gosh any ideas out there. Does Holley ship their carbs with a "dust cover or plug" that is inside the inlet ports?
    What would make it leak so badly?

erich1972 Guest

I have more information. the carb is a 4150 750 cfm d/p

Inspect the end of the metal fuel line. Sounds like there's a crack in the flare.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

erich1972 Guest

I will when I get home. I don't think that is the problem. I'll explain. I bought a dual line from the parts house, then took it back (because it leaked) to get the one that was not already in an open package. The second one is doing the same thing. It is a Mr. Gasket brand. (1556G)It is the kind that has the "adjustment piece" in the middle of it. (That is not it b/c I can watch the leak comming out of the fitting AT the inlet on the carb.) thanks

If it's leaking at the threaded nut, it has to be the flare because the threaded nuts actually don't seal anything. The line flare seats against the mating flare on the fuel bowl, creating the seal; the threaded nuts are only the means of attachment (tightening).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

erich1972 Guest

I'll check when I get home. Thank you for your response!