Thread: 5 bar MAP base calibration file for new build.

Default 5 bar MAP base calibration file for new build.

I've been going to Holley EFI University trying to get my new build started. I've read the importance of and common mistake of starting with a base tune for the wrong map. I bought a Holley 5 bar MAP thinking it was the right thing to do. But I can't see any base tunes with a 5 bar MAP. I'm trying to use the Turbo LSx 364ci 850 HP, but it has a 3 bar MAP. I deleted the Transmission and DBW config folders and changed the map, fuel injectors, etc., etc. I read that it will be lean? Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Justa6mb View Post
    I read that it will be lean? Is this correct?
    If a 5 bar MAP sensor base calibration isn't available, then you need manually create the Base Fuel & Timing Tables.
    EDIT: The 540ci Race Gas F3.hefi is a 5 bar base calibration.
    The 500-600ci 45 PSI Gas.hefi is a 5 bar base calibration.
    The 418ci 40 PSI Turbo.hefi is a 5 bar base calibration.
    The 330ci 40 PSI Turbo.hefi is a 5 bar base calibration (V4).
    The 420ci 40 PSI Turbo.hefi is a 5 bar base calibration (V4).
    The 500-600ci 45 PSI Methanol.hefi is a 5 bar base calibration (V4).
    The 540ci Methanol Vortech 123.hefi is a 5 bar base calibration.
    The 427ci Methanol Twin Turbo 40 PSI is a 5 bar base calibration (V4).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, I've tried to search Holley Initial Base Calibration details, but came up dry. Is there a way to see the base calibration details other than the ones in the help menu? It's a 58x 6.0L LSx, single turbo, 5 bar MAP, 120 lb/hr Holley injectors, 227°/235° cam, 58x, cable TB, no transmission control. Help on recommended base cal would be great. Rather not try to create Base Fuel & Timing tables on my own yet.

UPDATE: Well I was able to get the car to start and run pretty good with the Turbo LSx 364ci 850 HP base tune. I did have to add some fuel and will have some work on the fuel table I'm sure. But it ran long enough to find a couple minor issues. So the question now is why does changing the MAP sensor from 3 to 5 require changing the timing table?

So the question now is why does changing the MAP sensor from 3 to 5 require changing the timing table?
    Read 3rd paragraph under Step #1: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2700 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

First, thanks again Danny. I'm learning more every week. I read about adjusting the MAP scale values so they are relevant to my engine's operating range. I actually copied the values from the turbo 3 bar base calibration I'm using over to my Base Fuel & Timing Tables. Due to my 5 bar MAP, my tables went to 60 psi and the base calibration went to 20. At this point the MAP, RPM, fuel & timing values are the same. So is that really all there is to it, as you said manually creating the base fuel and timing tables? Or am I missing something?

At this point the MAP, RPM, fuel & timing values are the same. So is that really all there is to it, as you said manually creating the base fuel and timing tables? Or am I missing something?
    The MAP kPa & RPM axes (scales) are often the same. The Base Fuel & Timing Table values are not. Please post a picture of Base Fuel & Timing Tables. As I stated in post #2, there is a 5 bar base calibration.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4365#post44365 (MAP kPa & RPM Axis Configuration/Tuning Information)

OK, here's what I came up with. See links for Base Fuel & Timing Tables. I saw the 540 race gas base calibration, but it seemed quite a bit off what my setup is.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wh...CL4QTmEHM1vAMf
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=191...7JqHfy1Agdfmol