Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP EFI, FORD 302 - ignition & base calibration.

You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Back again. I'm uncertain about the AFR reading, the range of variability is out of my opinion quite high.
    AFR peaks in idle up to 16-17 on the high side and 13.5 on the low side, target is 14.3.
    Same while cruising with light load. (E.G. Cruising @ 1200-1400 RPM, 5th gear, 50 MPH.)
    Especially under light load the car does not feel smooth,
    the lower the RPM the higher the tendency that engine/drivetrain is bucking.
    With a carburetor engine did this range of cruising very well.
    The Global File and the last datalog as well is attached to this post.
    Any idea where it could come from? Could the WBO2 defect?

The engine set up is the following.
    Block: Ford 5.0L
    Cam: Comp Cam XE264HR, intake/exhaust @ .050": 212°/218°, LSA 114°
    Heads: Holley PN 12157 (Aluminum heads from former SysteMax Kit 300-575)
    Intake manifold: Edelbrock EFI PN: 29215
    Ignition: MSD 6AL
    Spark plugs: Autolite 3924 (.045" gap)
    Distributor: Holley Dual Sync
    The car is a Autokraft MKIV roadster with a weight of 2800 lbs & manual gearbox.
    Regards, Martin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Either you have cylinder balance issues or Closed Loop Gain is turned too high. Do you have a datalog of what you're talking about?

Yes, I have a good datalog, however size is 82 MB. Unfortunately, I'm not able to attach the datalog to the forum, but I could send it to an email.
    @Allan: You have a message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12