Thread: Single stage non-progressive dry nitrous setup.

Default Single stage non-progressive dry nitrous setup.

Hello. I think a little background is in order here. I'm building a RHS tall deck LS7 58X4. While gathering parts, I'm attempting to learn as much as I can about the Holley Dominator ECU, which is my choice for control. I want to run a simple, single stage, dry, plate style nitrous system. I have a Sniper EFI single 4150 tunnel ram style intake with 83 lb/hr injectors. Now for my questions. When I activate stage 1 of the Nitrous ICF, it automatically creates an output. This output will only let me select P+ or P− even though I have already told it non-progressive. Why is this? Today when I opened V5 build 100 it added 60 lb/hr fuel at all RPM levels, even though I had previously told it to run Closed Loop to a target of 12.0/1 A/F Ratio. Why did this happen? I have searched, but not found, any info on either of these questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much, Crowfly

UPDATE: Hello, I just got off the phone with Holley Tech. (After being put on hold numerous times and being looped back to the automated answering machine.) They told me that there's a problem with build 100 of the V5 software. You should have a choice of (+12 Volt, −12 Volt, PWM+ or PWM−) as output choices to a dry single stage non-progressive nitrous setup. Currently there is only PWM plus & minus. They said they'd fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by crowfly View Post
    UPDATE: They told me that there's a problem with build 100 of the V5 software. You should have a choice of (+12 Volt, −12 Volt, PWM+ or PWM−) as output choices to a dry single stage non-progressive nitrous setup. Currently there is only PWM plus & minus. They said they'd fix it.
    That's how it's always been (PWM+ or PWM−). If non-progressive, solenoids are on 100% and are not progressed.

Setup - Nitrous Type Description:
    Select from the 4 available nitrous strategies.
    · Wet/Non-Progressive – Uses a fuel and nitrous solenoid to inject nitrous and supplemental fuel. Solenoids are on 100% and are not progressed.
    · Wet/Progressive – Uses a fuel and nitrous solenoid to inject nitrous and supplemental fuel - allows the user to program a progressive ramping of both solenoids.
    · Dry/Non-Progressive – Uses only a nitrous solenoid to inject nitrous. Fuel is added by the fuel injectors based on the “Added Fuel Enrichment” table. Solenoids are on 100% and added fuel flow is a constant, but based on RPM.
    · Dry/Progressive – Uses only a nitrous solenoid to inject nitrous. Nitrous solenoids pulsed based on the “Progressive Control” ramp. Fuel is added by the fuel injectors based on the “Added Fuel Enrichment” table and fuel flow is based on nitrous solenoid duty cycle percentage.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Hello, thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, the added fuel is based only on the fuel table and won't work off the Closed Loop A/F Ratio of my choice. If this is true, then I guess that I need to find out how many lbs/hr I need for 100 HP nitrous shot. It will probably be best to get all my bugs worked out first before trying the nitrous. Thank you very much, Crowfly

Quote Originally Posted by crowfly View Post
    If I understand correctly, the added fuel is based only on the fuel table and won't work off the Closed Loop A/F Ratio of my choice.
    The Nitrous ICF has a "Run Closed Loop To New Target A/F Ratio" parameter.
    The Nitrous ICF has an RPM based "Added Fuel Enrichment" table for N2O activation.
    The Base Fuel Table must be well tuned naturally aspirated, before using nitrous oxide.

...then I guess that I need to find out how many lbs/hr I need for 100 HP nitrous shot.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...5987#post15987 (Related Forum Post)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Hello. Thanks for the response. I'll study all this information including the links carefully. Thank You Very Much, Crowfly.

You're welcome.