Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car immediatley stalls out.

Thank you Danny. I have the Holley 538-13 2 bar MAP sensor. I've tried two different tunes. I modified the Holley Ford 302 turbo and I changed parameters for my stepper IAC, my dual sync, and 80 lb/hr injectors. The car started considerably better last season with the Ford TFI and chipped SCT dyno tune. I haven't been able to get the car starting or running smoothly with the HP yet. I had a tuner send me a startup tune that also does not seem to work. I'm willing to pay for tuning in the future. I'd like to somehow be able to get the car to backup out of the driveway on its own power safely. I've looked over the prestart checklist and if I'm missing something it isn't sticking out to me. Thanks.
    ETA: I've adjusted the Aeromotive FPR to have the actual fuel pressure at 42 psi in the tune with the key-on/engine-off when I switch on the pump. I have tried this at 40 & 42 psi without success.
    Last edited by fordhp; 05-13-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fordhp View Post
    I have the Holley 538-13 2 bar MAP sensor. I've tried two different tunes. I modified the Holley Ford 302 turbo and I changed parameters for my stepper IAC, my dual sync, and 80 lb/hr injectors.
    Well did you use the Startup Enrichment parameters from the Global File I emailed you? Post your Global File and a short startup datalog, like I asked in post #5.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'm sorry Danny, if I did this incorrectly. Apologies in advance.
    https://db.tt/ur76eyVJkk
    https://db.tt/0cFyp5VXWt

I don't even know where to begin. I asked for a short startup datalog, and you post a short cold idle datalog. In order to tune the starting parameters, it's often necessary to turn the ignition key on, wait for the WBO2 sensor to display AFR, then start the engine. Datalog & review this entire procedure. This allows you to determine if the engine AFR is excessively rich or lean. I also gave you a Global File with proven SBF startup parameter values, and you didn't use them. The Clear Flood TPS is set too low (should be about 75%). The Fuel Prime isn't enabled Fuel Prime Percent). The Large Base Timing Table isn't enabled. In Closed Loop/Learn Parameters, "Enable Closed Loop" and "Base Fuel Learn Enabled" are the only parameters that need to be check marked. In the Custom Ignition Parameters, the Output Setup should be "Points Output Fixed Duty Cycle (MSD)". I think you should contact EFIExpert.com for professional help.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you very much Danny for your time & patience. I had your parameters on the tune that was on the car last week and I greatly appreciate it. This tune was the one I was able to get the car started with when I kept the throttle down after initial start. I'm sorry I don't know how all the EFI software works. I'm new to this like many others on here. What else can I do Danny?

I sent FordHP a PM with my contact info. efiexpert.com

We got it figured out, TB was closed too much and still is it seems. I think it will run pretty good once that's figured out. Closed TB position is always the first thing I tune.

Thanks guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12