Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E85 Base Timing Table

Default E85 Base Timing Table

Hello. I'm making the switch from 91 octane to E85. I've only been running 8 PSI and I put down 479 to the wheels on a Dynojet dyno last weekend. I would like to bump the boost up to 12-14 psi, now that I have studs & LS9 gaskets. I have the fuel tables all figured out from the links that Danny has posted in the past, but I was looking for some input on the Base Timing Table. I'm running BR7EF NGK plugs and they look great running this table and the 91 octane fuel. This timing table is from the 20 PSI 6.0 DBW base tune that came with the Holley. If you guys could give me your input or post your E85 Base Timing Tables, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	8143

Name:	52.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	8142

IMO that table is extremely aggressive to start out. I’d knock at least 10° out of everything in boost after 6 psi of boost to start, then read the plugs and sneak back up on it. I run E85 and my table is nowhere near that. My plugs look fine and show that I could be more aggressive, but I doubt I would be anywhere near those numbers. Start low and read the plugs.

@ 3 window: You just thought I was aggressive. LOL

Guys, thank you for the input. I didn't realize that it was that bad. From your comments, I'm kinda shocked it held together for two dyno pulls. Last night I backed the timing WAY off. I set it very similar to a stock LS tune that I had from my old MicroSquirt. I also got it back on E85 and it's idling way better and running much smoother. I'm hoping the rain holds off tonight and I will try to make a few pulls and check the plugs. I found a really good link that Danny posted about reading plugs, so I have a decent idea of what to look for now. So that with that aggressive of timing and only running 93, do you think I was hurting horsepower?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_c10 View Post
    I found a really good link that Danny posted about reading plugs, so I have a decent idea of what to look for now.
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...4896#post54896 (Related Forum Thread)

So that with that aggressive of timing and only running 93, do you think I was hurting horsepower?
    Yeah, it probably was.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedCP View Post
    @ 3 window: You just thought I was aggressive. LOL
    Right?! That table makes yours look super soft.

Post up your tables! I gotta see this.

Here's my table. That table posted by the OP looks like a N/A table with a 2.5 or 3 bar MAP scaling. Sorry, I can't figure out how to make the table any bigger/clearer.

Name:	Annotation 2019-05-12 123901.2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	8168
    Last edited by 3 window; 05-12-2019 at 12:40 PM.
    1932 Ford 3 Window, Injected SBC
    1970 Nova 5.3L, S475 Turbo, 275 Drag Radial

That looks like a good table for cathedral heads. Good job. Only thing I would try is a bit less timing at idle.
    EDIT: The idle timing is fine for E85. This is a good table.
    Last edited by allan5oh; 05-12-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 window View Post
    Sorry, I can't figure out how to make the table any bigger/clearer.
    I enlarged it for you.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast