Thread: Terminator X Tach Output

Default Terminator X Tach Output

Hi. I'm currently replacing my GM PCM with the Terminator X in an RX7 FD. I've fired it up once successfully, but noticed the A28 RPM output is approximately two times the actual RPM on the RX7 tach. This worked before via the PCM wiring harness, so can I use an output to reduce that signal by 1/2? Instructions are a bit lacking currently. I can use a Dakota Digital SGI-8E universal tach converter similar to the SGI-5E I use for the speedo, but it's extra wiring and as usual I have to import everything! Thanks.

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks. I've had a look and the adding and assigning makes sense, but the Terminator X output seems limited to GROUND & PWM-. After that I'm not sure what I'm configuring after setting a trigger or if that's even possible to achieve with just PWM- table? Cheers.

I tried setting up an output triggered when RPM is above 10 RPM. Left the PWM Multiplier & Divider at 1 and selected Duty Cycle from the drop down and populated the table with 50 (%). Connected the assigned output 1 to the tach input and no flicker on the gauge. As PWM- is the only selection for the Terminator X I'm leaning towards a Dakota Digital box as I know that will work. Any help/confirmation would be appreciated.