Thread: 80457-12 1615 gas drip from secondary vacuum.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 80457-12 1615 gas drip from secondary vacuum.

Hi guys! Newbie here. First post. I just purchased a '66 C10 with a 350. I have a small gas drip from the secondary vacuum while running. It does not drip if not running. What could be causing this and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190411-223719_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	8084
    Last edited by Frankwhoa; 04-11-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Added picture

First thing to do is check the float levels with the engine running. More than likely, secondary fuel bowl level is high, possibly a weeping needle & seat, or bad o-ring. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Turns out the rear vacuum port was open. I haven't noticed anymore fuel dripping since plugging it (no brake booster).

Do you mean the drip was from the diaphragm stem, circled in your photo? Probably has a hole in the diaphragm. Your large vacuum hose at the back is perished at the fitting, and your electric choke is not grounded on the negative terminal. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Thanks Gary. She runs much better now. I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by Frankwhoa; 04-13-2019 at 07:37 PM.

You're welcome Frank. Gary
    Regards, Gary