Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone want to take a stab at this? Here's my datalogs.

Yeah, it looks like the small hole is just one of the two threaded mounting holes. Feel free to answer the questions I'm asking.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Yeah, it looks like the small hole is just one of the two threaded mounting holes. Feel free to answer the questions I'm asking.
    There's two mounting holes (yes), and there's two IAC holes; a set on the throttle body and a set on the IAC. So I think you're telling me to tape both of the holes from the inside of the throttle body then start the car. That's about all I can gather from our conversation.

I did a test over the weekend. I started the car without an IAC installed, the two holes were exposes to atmosphere. The car fired up and idles around 2100 RPM steady. Then I installed the IAC back on the car and it followed target idle like it's supposed to be doing. I let the engine heat soak for 10 minutes, started the car and it surged again for 30 seconds before going to a steady idle.
    Last edited by Joeyman; 04-15-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    89 Mustang GT
    Dart Block 363 with Borg S475 Turbo
    Holley Dominator EFI with 7" Digital Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyman View Post
    There's two mounting holes (yes)...
    Yes, and in post #31, I asked you if the small hole (pictured in post #24) is just one of the two threaded mounting holes. Please answer this question.

...and there's two IAC holes; a set on the throttle body and a set on the IAC.
    Yes, but one of these holes in on the inside of the throttle blade.

So I think you're telling me to tape both of the holes from the inside of the throttle body then start the car. That's about all I can gather from our conversation.
    No, in post #23, I told you only one hole needs to be taped off. We now know it's the larger hole in post #24.

I did a test over the weekend. I started the car without an IAC installed, the two holes were exposes to atmosphere. The car fired up and idles around 2100 RPM steady.
    I also told you not to do this, and why, in post #23.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Oh, I see what you're saying now. There is one hole on either side of the throttle blade. That second smaller hole I was seeing is the mounting hole. Okay, now I'm following you. Sorry for the confusion. So I guess I don't know exactly how an IAC works. What or either of the two IAC on each side of the throttle blade doing?
    Last edited by Joeyman; 04-15-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    89 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyman View Post
    So I guess I don't know exactly how an IAC works.
    Correct, you don't understand how an IAC works. Please Google a video of it.

What or either of the two IAC on each side of the throttle blade doing?
    An IAC is a bypass valve. One air hole is behind the throttle blade, and the other is in front of it. The passage is the IAC valve that's opened & closed by the IAC motor pintle. The IAC motor regulates the amount of air that bypasses the throttle blade to control the idle speed and slightly increase the idle RPM at cold start. Incidentally, the small block Ford is particularly sensitive to the IAC control programming, which is why I'd like the results from my post #5. It's an easy test.

OK, I can put a piece of tape on the actual IAC air inlet hole (reinstall the IAC), then try to start the car to see if it'll run with the IAC hole taped off and I'll report back.
    89 Mustang GT

You don't have to remove the IAC motor! Simply tape off the larger hole pictured in post #24. If this takes you longer than 60 seconds, you're doing it wrong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234