Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AE Correction vs TPS for dual 4 barrel TBs & progressive linkage MPFI.

I think the "Help ?" instruction manual is clear on this. I don't even know what your application is (MPFI, TBI, HP or Terminator EFI, progressive secondary linkage, etc.). This thread has been hijacked with different applications.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

This was my thread. I have MPFI, and I now understand that with progressive control of the throttle bodies, that it's for TBI to turn off the injectors on the rear plates. That said, I still think there needs to be some control of “air” moving into the primary(s) throttle plates, with some consideration of the fact that the airflow increases when both secondaries open. Danny, any thoughts? Thanks, Mark

My thoughts are in the framed quote toward the end of this LINK.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by lockjaw-express View Post
    I have MPFI, and I now understand that with progressive control of the throttle bodies, that it's for TBI to turn off the injectors on the rear plates. That said, I still think there needs to be some control of “air” moving into the primary(s) throttle plates, with some consideration of the fact that the airflow increases when both secondaries open.
    A multi-throttle throttle body controls air flow exactly the same as a multi-throttle carburetor E.G.: 4150 Holley. I can't see how you can improve the air's "choice" of flow path depending on what blades are open. The engine creates a low depression, atmospheric pressure above all the plates fills the low depression via which ever plates are open. Percent per barrel of total flow depends on how far each plate is open. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12