Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holley Sniper issues?

There's a test you can run on the MSD box to see if it's putting out a spark.

Tested the MSD box: Disconnected the coil wire from the distributor, and unplugged the purple and green connector from the distributor. Jumped the purple and green wires, and grounding the other end of the coil wire to the engine. It sparked. This leads me to believe the coil, and MSD box are working.

I connected the white wire on the Sniper plug to the white wire on my MSD box. Tried starting, and it just cranked. Disconnected the white wire, tried starting again. It started, idled poorly for about 10 seconds this time, before dying. Still no tach signal. The smell of fuel is evident. Whether or not I'm getting the correct pressure? Like mentioned, I need a gauge. Still baffled about the loss of RPM signal. **This was done with my factory tach disconnected.**

I ordered a fuel pressure gauge and adapter. That should be here later this week. Is there anything else I can be checking in the mean time?
    Last edited by Mlach1127; 03-25-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Is your Rev Limiter disabled on the MSD box?

Not sure how to disable it. I do have a 5400 chip in it currently. But it ran with it installed before.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...400#post104400 (Rev Limiter Verification Feature Disabled)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'm using the MSD 6420 box. Not the Digital 6425.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlach1127 View Post
    Not sure how to disable it. I do have a 5400 chip in it currently. But it ran with it installed before.
    This means that your rev limit is 5400 RPM. Just because it worked before doesn't mean it's correct, ask me how I know this. For some reason the Rev Limit function can send false signals to the ECU and flood the engine.

The MSD 6420 is the old analog box; it doesn't have the Rev Limiter Verification feature of the digital models.

Key-on/engine-off, MAP is?
    Injector Inspector
    USAF 1960-1964
    Drag racing since 1955

Removed the rev chip, and still the same thing. MAP reads 100 kPa.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast