Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Holley Sniper issues?

Post another video of the problem like you did in post #52.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I shared a link in post #57. Here it is again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAO6t0dl_LA

Spoke with Holley yesterday. They reported that a tech found a "loose connection". I emailed the last video that I posted here, that showed the injector still stuck open. Sent the throttle back for service. I'm curious to see what the verdict will be.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mlach1127 View Post
    With the key on, it's still dumping fuel. For close to 30 seconds.
    It appears that the other injectors "prime and time out".
    Did you leave the key on, until it quit flowing, or shut it off, as soon as you saw the issue?
    If you cut the key off, as soon as you saw the issue, what was the fuel pressure doing?
    Did it fall to zero, before the injector quit flowing?
    Reason behind my question is, if this is the scenario, then it would indicate to me, that it's a mechanical injector issue, possibly not electrical.
    (Once it's triggered, and has fuel psi, it is stuck open.)
    Once this unit is returned to you, I think I'd make a temporary catch can.
    I.E.: A cut down milk jug, and not take a chance on putting more fuel in the engine.

Sorry for all the questions. I've been doing injector cleaning/flow testing, for many years, and still see "new" problems.
    Injector Inspector
    USAF 1960-1964
    Drag racing since 1955

So, what has happened?
    Injector Inspector
    USAF 1960-1964
    Drag racing since 1955

Sorry for the lack of updates. Life happened. Ugh. Got the TB back from Holley, and reinstalled. Injector is no longer hung open. Put fresh oil, evacuated whatever gas was in the cylinders, cleaned off the spark plugs, reset the ECU, and tried starting. And still nothing. Unplugged the fuel pump relay, sprayed some starting fluid down into the intake, tried starting. Boom. It’ll run off starting fluid. Reconnected the fuel pump relay, tried starting. Nothing. Sprayed some more starting fluid. Still nothing. I’m fed up. At this point, I think something is defective with the Sniper itself. I’m ready to throw a carb back on.

Hi the issue you're having sounds very similar to mine. Open injectors while cranking and RPM all over the place while cranking. My engine & pistons had heaps of fuel which I had to clean out. I’ve got an MSD 8366 distributor with Holley HP ECU. My magnetic pickup had broken in my distributor which mucked everything up. I replaced it and it fired up first go. Hope this helps. Regards, Ivan

I had this exact same problem as shown in your YouTube video this summer. I was up on Imogene Pass on an off-road trip at 13K feet elevation. I ended up pulling the injector plug off the affected injector and was able to drive home without issue. Holley said they would not warranty anything since I "opened" the unit. The vendor where I purchased it was a huge help and send me another unit.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567