Thread: MSD Ignition Problem

Default MSD Ignition Problem

So I have a newly rebuilt 440 in my '75 dodge motor home. I put a small RV cam, Hedman headers, Edelbrock Performer intake, Edelbrock Performer 750 cfm vacuum secondary and MSD HEI distributor. In the distributor, I switched out the one heavy silver spring to a light blue spring. It starts and idles fine, but when under load it has a misfire. If I can get the RPM up, it clears up, but it's hard to do with it missing so bad. Initial timing is around 8° advanced. I've tried about everything and cannot figure this thing out. From everything I read and have gone through on this it seems to be something with the distributor. Please help.

What's the part number on this distributor?
    shake-n-bake

Could be carburetor related. Edelbrock carbs can have a metering issue on one half of the engine, one bowl starving or flooding, one primary jet and rod with fuel hose junk blocking the jet, etc. Is the misfire only one cylinder or more than one? Gary
    Regards, Gary

Well if still having issues, call us when your by the car so we can walk you through a few things.
    shake-n-bake