Thread: 2910 Atomic TBI MAP error?

Question 2910 Atomic TBI MAP error?

I have a stroked 1st gen SBC 385ci in a '68 Camaro equipped with the Atomic TBI EFI, MSD 6AL, MSD Pro-Billet distributor with timing locked at 15°. Car has been running great for 7 years in this configuration. This past weekend I was on track for an HPDE event and the car just shut off like the key had been turned off. Engine will crank but not start. In my initial diagnostics at the track, with key on fuel pump runs and shows 50 psi fuel pressure, the red LED on the 6AL is solid on and blinks when the engine is cranked. I found the Atomic EFI is showing a MAP Error H. I was just able to get the car out of the trailer and into the garage today and still need to do some more testing. For now I'm unsure what that MAP error means in terms of operation and is the MAP sensor a field replaceable part?

Hey, it's replaceable: https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...2933/overview/. Regards, Roland

P.S.: You were your running 7 years with timing locket at 15°? Must have been running like crap when you never had more advanced timing as 15°? Or did you mean the distributor is locked out and timing control in EFI settings has been enabled?

Are you getting spark? Try the "Checking for Spark" test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qb9JxX-mLg. The "Error H", indicates a history error. This means that there was a faulty value from the MAP sensor at least once within the last 10 drive cycles. It's possible the MAP sensor needs to be replaced, it would be best to catch it in the act of a failure to make sure. I'm assuming the Atomic system has been setup to control the ignition timing, is that correct?
    MSD Tech Support
    915-855-7123

Totally agree with that, as I also had an issue with my MAP sensor and in the end it figured out NOT to be defective. In my case, it was just a matter of fine tuning. Cheers.