Thread: Newb from WA with 4L80E TCC lockup problem.

Hello, I rebuilt my 1978 Jeep CJ over the last couple years and swapped an 04' LS 6.0 liter into it with Holley Terminator MPFI. Transmission I used was a 1997 4L80E. I have a question. I only saw and felt it lock up in 4th gear OD. Am I to assume TCC lockup is only available in 4th gear with Holley EFI? Anybody know that for sure? My old 92' Silverado has TCC lockup in 3rd & 4th, so was just wondering and hoping I can get lockup in 3rd as well. There are times when that is beneficial. I'm very new to all this and loving it.

Look at the transmission settings. You can set the minimum gear to lockup the TC.

Gotcha. I'm not seeing that option on the 3.5" handheld screen. I don't have a USB cable. One did not come with my Terminator MPFI kit. Looks like I'll be ordering one of those so I can hook a laptop up.

Save your tune to your SD card and then take the SD card to your laptop. You don't need to buy the Holley cable, you can use any mini USB to USB cable.

Thank you! I did what you said and now it locks exactly when I want in 3rd & 4th gear. Such an awesome system!

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Save your tune to your SD card and then take the SD card to your laptop.
    https://documents.holley.com/199r10751rev1.pdf (Holley EFI 553-108 3.5" TSLCD Instruction Manual - "ECU Globals", Page 31)
    https://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley EFI 553-106 Digital Dash Instruction Manual - "Global Config", Page 33 & 34)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I wish there was a like button. Thank you for that info as well!

You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.