Thread: Throttle Plate Identification

Default Throttle Plate Identification

How are throttle plates identified? Is it diameter, thickness, I'm confused. Trying to find a base plate that will fit my 3796-1 carb 600 cfm. I had 1-9/16 throttle plates, but others I see have different numbers on the plates. Can I just change mine over to the new/used base if the base is a 1-9/16 bore size? Interesting that the Holley tech couldn't tell me if my 1968 Holley base linkage and throttle plates would fit into a new base if I bought a new base from Holley.

If the plates are the same bore size 1 9/16", then they will interchange.
    Plates are first identified by diameter, and are stamped with a reference number:
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...s/parts/26-121
    Shaft sizes have been the same for all 4160/4150 models. Gary
    Regards, Gary