Thread: MSD Grid set at 3800 launch.

Default MSD Grid set at 3800 launch.

But it left off the converter. I checked it and it's set at 3800 and enabled. Did not work. Totally new to the Grid System. Are there specific instructions for settings available. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

How are you activating the 2-Step? Put it to 12V (battery) and bring up the RPM to see if it works.
    shake-n-bake

The 2-Step is not working. I leave off a pro tree and when I stage, it goes off the converter.

Which ignition box are you running and on the Grid? What is the ignition type?
    shake-n-bake

7720 and 7730 power Grid. MSD crank trigger, and MSD crank trigger billet distributor.

I just checked and had the ignition set on ignition type of 6AL/7AL/MSD8 instead of network ignition. Would that make a difference in the 2-Step & launch? Can I check it in park? On the transbrake?

Yes it will. It needs to be on Network Ignition. And yes, you can leave it in park, but just hit the transbrake button to activate it.
    shake-n-bake

I found out the red 7730 is bad. I borrowed one from a friend and it worked fine. Can the 7730 be sent in and repaired? Mine is out of warranty.

Sorry sir. No, they can not be repaired because they are potted units. Exactly how long ago did you buy this unit?
    shake-n-bake

3 years. It's been in the box in a cabinet. I just purchased a new one. Is their a resource where that describes the various selections? I ran my car Saturday night and I could not change the timing. I was told at the track, with a crank trigger you have to physically set the timing at 40° and retard with the Grid. Is this correct? Where do I find this info? Thanks.

The best way to do this is to call us to go over the setup over the phone when you're with your car and laptop. We'll go over all the settings with you and explain how it works. 915-857-5200, ext 2251.
    shake-n-bake