Thread: Base plate has crack on corner.

Default Base plate has crack on corner.

Is there a replacement base for a C80F-9510-D, H4- 4150, list 3796-1, that I can order from someone?
    The factory base has a very smal crack right at where the stud that the piece of linkage for the accelerator pump pivots on. Base says 12R-3888B. Is the base a metal that cannot be welded? Wanted to stay all original on this 1968 Torino GT car I'm restoring.

Technical support says a 1850 series and a new 112-112 base will work. Are my old shafts compatable without a lot of modifications? Mine has 1-9/16 butterflies in base.

I've had many base plates welded, then check them for flatness and machine if needed.

I work in a machine shop, so I'll talk to the welders. Although it was pot metal, which is a pain to weld.

Did you do a fill with tig & rod after slightly grooving the crack or did you just tig the crack and do a flow with its own metal?

Not sure, I had someone else do it.