Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HP EFI Software

I wish I knew exactly what I was referring to, but it's been 6 months since I was in the tuning EFI software and I don't know 10% of what you know. As I said, I went through the parameters and noticed the IAC was different. The only other thing I thought was that I thought I set the timing at 25° because I have that spot marked on the wheel as well as 10° & 20°. Now when I do the Static Timing, it starts backfiring so often I can barely make to the front of the car and back to check the timing.

I just asked which table or parameter you were looking at in the EFI software (that wouldn't allow more than 16°). Each table or parameter has a name. This has nothing to do with your knowledge of the EFI software.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ing-Holley-EFI (Ignition Timing Synchronization)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I thought there was a base timing number that was set somewhere that I had set to 25°, but I can't seem to find it. I thought it was in the Ignition Parameters in a similar place to the Ignition Reference Angle, but that will not go past 16°. Should I need to sync the timing all over again because of the update? Thanks Danny, can't thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    ...but that will not go past 16°.
    This is what I'm asking. What EFI parameter are you referring to? Or is this what you can't find?
    If so, maybe you're thinking of an EFI parameter on a touchscreen unit, not the EFI software.

Should I need to sync the timing all over again because of the update?
    No.

Thanks Danny, can't thank you enough.
    You're welcome.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I thought it was just labelled "base timing" or something like that, but it's been a while and I can't remember exactly and can't find it. I thought it was the Reference Angle location in the ignition menu in the software, but maybe I have something selected wrong. I'll try syncing it all today.

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
    I thought it was just labelled "base timing" or something like that, but it's been a while and I can't remember exactly and can't find it.
    Maybe the Cranking Timing parameter in Ignition Parameters (System ICF).

No, I saw that one. Unfortunately like normal on here, I'm just not sure. Other than going back to the sync, I'm not sure what to do. It sucks as I had just got it idling nice previously, and I was hoping to get it on the road finally.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345