Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HP EFI Software

I forgot this was initially a hard drive replacement, so it's probably not in the directory I mentioned. Definitely try obtaining it using the Digital Dash & USB flash drive.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

And remember to ALWAYS back up your important files to hard copy somehow.

Yes, I always keep a recent copy of my Global File in an email. You can also keep a copy of it on your computer's Desktop screen. Others keep a copy of it on a USB flash drive or on the 3.5" touchscreen's SD card. The Digital Dash & 3.5" TSLCD can retrieve your Global File from the ECU.
    https://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley EFI 553-106 Digital Dash Instruction Manual - "Global Config", Page 33 & 34)
    https://documents.holley.com/199r10751rev1.pdf (Holley EFI 553-108 3.5" TSLCD Instruction Manual - "ECU Globals", Page 31)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I can't get it to recognize the USB flash drive. Does it need to be formatted in any special way?
    EDIT: Maybe it's the size, as I decided to try a different drive and it can read it.
    I can't seem to transfer the datalogs or find any of the EFI tuning files though. When I look at the instructions on the main menu page where it shows a "tuning" option, mine says "about". Looking at the instructions it sounds as though it's not connected to the HP, but it's reading all the gauges.
    Last edited by ttocs; 03-14-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Do you have the same version EFI software on your computer as you have in the ECU.

The firmware is not the same now after getting a new hard drive and downloading the EFI software. I'm trying to get the tune off of the ECU, so I can upload the firmware and not loose the tune. I'm trying to get it saved to a USB drive now.

Which version do you have in the ECU? Version 4?

Version 5, both on my PC and my ECU.

And is your Digital Dash V5 as well? The Digital Dash & 3.5" TSLCD can retrieve your Global File from the ECU. See post #13.

Danny, does it also have to be the same build within each version? Could he have the right version in each, but the wrong build.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast