Thread: Runs great, then dies for no apparent reason?

I have an Atomic/6A on a BBC 502 480 HP internals/specs unknown in a 86 K30 manual transmission, running PWM no regulator for the moment, GM HEI distributor no module, locked out, manual fan. Once I got everything hooked up correctly except the not used wires, it fired and ran at a high idle smoother than ever. Then died, started again and adjusted the throttle blades, and it ran perfect around 680-720 RPM then died again. It doesn't seem to want to fire back up. I have adjusted the throttle again and powered down a couple of times with no luck. Thoughts on why it's dying? I went through the diagnostics and it had a WBO2 error?

Since it doesn't want to start currently, look on the handheld in the Atomic dash section and check to see what the RPM shows. If it doesn't have RPM, it will not fire the injectors or the fuel pump. Also, I know you said it shows the WBO2 sensor error. Does it show anything for the fuel pump while cranking the engine over? Does the handheld shut off while cranking as well? Where is the black wire out of the power module grounded?

It appears that there's no tach signal from the 6A controller. I'll be upgrading it to a new 6AL or similar and try again.

Question on your 6A box. Where do you have that box grounded to? Since it's acting intermittently it maybe a poor ground for the box.