Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems after cleaning up wires.

Sounds like a bad connection, like a ground.
    Ellis Groo
    Speed Secrets
    95 Z28 9.36@149 in street trim

I also rewired everything to make it much cleaner. The WBO2 wire needs to be perfectly separated from any high voltage wires. In my case, this was the only problem. Make sure the spark plug wires are in good condition and every sensor wire is as far away from high voltage sources as possible (like distributor, coil, spark plug wires, even the alternator). If it won't cure the problem, it won't hurt anyway. Took me 4-5 hours to do the wiring again, but it was worth it. (I also made sure nothing can come in contact with high temp parts.)

I like what the person in video below does. It's the wiring zip tie mock-up to get the system setup. He obviously knows what he is doing. Doesn't seem to be a problem yet.

I could list many errors, but he calls a microsecond a "U sec". Gary
    Regards, Gary

I’ve been working too much to mess with it. Hoping to get around to it today.

Attached are two datalogs. One using handheld after rerouting wires, and the other today using laptop. Sometimes after shutting the engine off, it acts like it's flooded and I have to play with gas pedal to get it to fire up, then it runs rough for a bit and clears up. Never did that until rerouting wires. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If wires coming from the Sniper are crossing over ground wires would that make problems with AFR? I’ve been rerouting wires again, but nothing seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    If wires coming from the Sniper are crossing over ground wires would that make problems with AFR?
    No, that's not a problem.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

Not sure where it's coming from, but I do think you have some EMI/wiring issues. It does not seem to be so bad that the ECU resets itself, but when you right click and select "Mark Data Points" you have far fewer data points in a one second interval than what I'm seeing on mine. See attached with the top screenshot being your datalog and the bottom one mine, to see the difference. From the studying I've been doing, I believe that's typically due to wiring and primarily grounding. https://youtu.be/BQdQBesuJCs Do you have a ground from the batter directly to the block? Are you powering the Sniper primary + & − directly to the battery? How do you have the +12V trigger wires wired? Be specific.

Thank you for replying. Battery is in trunk main ground is going from there to header bolt into aluminum head the another ground from there down to chassis. Using Red Top Optima battery. Main power & ground are on top posts. Sniper power and ground is directly to battery on side terminals. 12V wire is wired into pink ignition wire. The power wire from Sniper is running next to power wire for MSD box. Could that cause my problem? That’s about the only thing I haven't tried yet. I've been moving other wires around this morning. Also, with key on, but engine not running the AFR, A/F shows Init...is that normal?
    Last edited by Cloud; 04-08-2019 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Adding question

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast