Thread: Transmission Dump Question

Default Transmission Dump Question

Is there a way to delay the deactivation of my transmission dump after I release the transbrake button? Currently have it to deactivate when we release transbrake, but I'm getting a spike in transmission pressure that I think is causing us to break the tires loose at the hit.

The spike is normal.

How did you wire your dump box? How did you program it in? Internal I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by eldale2001 View Post
    Is there a way to delay the deactivation of my transmission dump after I release the transbrake button? Currently have it to deactivate when we release transbrake, but I'm getting a spike in transmission pressure that I think is causing us to break the tires loose at the hit.
    When configuring your Dump Valve output, I THINK you could do this:

SWITCHED OUTPUT TRIGGER
    "1"
    This output will activate when "T-Brake/Launch" is "Enable"
    AND
    SENSOR INPUT TRIGGERS
    "2" All
    This output will activate when "TPS" is "Above" "75%".
    This output will activate when "Time" is "Above" "0.00 sec".
    Enable Secondary Deactivation √ and Deactivate at "0.20 sec" Range Mode.
    (The SENSOR INPUT TRIGGER of Time is what I'm not sure about. If it would be 0.20 sec after T-Brake/Launch is deactivated/released.)
    Assuming you have the T-Brake/Launch Pin Mapped.

From the Instructions:
    Timer
    Description: The timer settings allow for an output to have time based activation conditions.

Timer – Start Activation Delay
    Description: Once all the Switched and Sensor Input Trigger conditions are met, this delay will be used before the output is performed. This is a “one time” delay. It will only re-occur once the activation conditions (Switched and Sensor Input Triggers) drop out and re-occur.

Timer – Active Time
    Description: This is the length of time the output will be active for. If/once this time is met, the output will de-activate. Once this time is met, the timer will only restart once the activation conditions (Switched and Sensor Input Triggers) drop out and re-occur, OR if the “Repeat” checkbox is select, and after the “Inactive Time” occurs. If the “Repeat” is option is selected, the output will starts WITHOUT the “Start Activation Delay” entering into play.

Timer – Repeat
    Description: This checkbox will enable the “Inactive Time” function.

Timer – Inactive Time
    Description: This parameter will be only available if the “Repeat” checkbox is selected. It will be the time that the output will be turned OFF, before it starts again and remains on for the “Active Time”.

Update:
    Above setup does not work. I'am in need to do the same thing as OP. I did use OR not AND. I don't think the "time" is available as a sensor input trigger. It is in the pull down but I haven't been able to get it to function. I assume time starts at "T-Brake/Launch" release.
    Last edited by BoostedCP; 01-13-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Bump for the correct way to do this.