Thread: New To Forum - Sniper Issues

Default New To Forum - Sniper Issues

Howdy. Kicking this off knowing I'm going to need to provide some datalogs, tuner I paid to fix issues lost my card, so I need to buy a new one. Yup.
    I have a new BluePrint 383 - link to specs here: https://blueprintengines.com/product...ock-bp38313ct1

The main issue I'm having is the darn thing surges between shifts. The truck (1986 Chevy K10) will literally drive itself without my foot on the gas.
    When I shift the RPM will shoot up to 3500. It makes it pretty hard to control on icy roads. I always have to blip the throttle to get it to drop down.
    This happens both below operating temp and at operating temp. When Closed Loop is on it tries to adjust, but actually makes it worse.
    It was only doing it below operating temp so I just let it warm up longer before driving but now it does it all the time. AFR and IAC are all over the place.
    When I got it back from the tuner it was amazing. Then the rotor blew out the cap cause they forgot to put the screws back in.
    I put on a new MSD cap and rotor and things started to go down hill from there.
    Any insight on why it surges between shifts would be awesome. I'll work on getting a log file uploaded. Thanks, Adam

UPDATE: So I decided to download the TSLCD update and reset everything. LOL, now I'm stuck in my work parking lot. It won't communicate with the ECU. Went back and deleted the files off the card and downloaded just the SD card content. Everything went back to the way it was, but it still won't communicate with the ECU. I'm in an underground parking garage, so can't get a tow truck down there. So it looks like I'm ripping this thing out tomorrow after work and plumbing my carb back in. I'm about $2K into this thing and have regretted going this route since I put it on. It's actually my 2nd unit, the first one didn't even turn on. That should have been my clue.
    Last edited by Manezes; 02-07-2019 at 02:36 PM.