Thread: Question about Holley 4150 mechanical secondary.

Default Question about Holley 4150 mechanical secondary.

This SBC 383 ran fine for years until I took it out the other day and it had a miss and sounded lean on part throttle. It idles fine & revs fine, but when I give it gas in gear it just sounds like a big vibration. I'm guessing it's lean. At 30 MPH it just shutters down the road and sounds like a helicopter. Any experience with this?

Remove your air cleaner and gives all the air bleeds in the air horn a shot of carb cleaner. I've a had a blade of grass in a main jet also give similar symptoms. What model and list number do you have here? Gary
    Regards, Gary

It's a Holley 4150 mechanical secondary with the air horn machined off and no choke. Air bleeds are cleaned, but will clean again. Could it be the needle seats?

OK, next step is to pull the primary metering block, and make sure the IFRs (idle feed restrictions) are clear.
    Check the needle & seat functions correctly, sounds like it does, because it would either be flooding or the car would have power restricted. Gary
    Last edited by Gaz64; 02-10-2019 at 12:21 AM.
    Regards, Gary