Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Coolant temp sensor problems, way off range, 3 sensors tested.

I just got back into looking at my system, as I pulled my engine last fall and built a new one, and just put the new one in a week ago. I was looking at my gauges and they are out compared to my Auto Meter gauge, so I was going to replace the Auto Meter one. I came across this post and checked my MAT & CTS and they are 18°F difference between them, so I guess I too have to get a new sensor now.
    UPDATE: I just checked my new sensor and it's the same now, so it worked for me getting the Delco one.
    Last edited by 383cj; 04-06-2019 at 03:21 PM. Reason: update

Finally got my engine rebuilt & installed. Installed the new CTS mentioned in this thread. Checked my temps this morning before starting the engine. CTS was a steady 58°F. MAT was fluctuating between 57°F & 58°F. So I'd say the new CTS is good.
    '73 K5 Blazer, built 350 SBC 375 HP/425 TQ, 12" F/18" R suspension travel. Deaver springs with King shocks, D44/12 bolt, 3.73 gears, lunchbox locker F/Auburn Posi R, crossover steering, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, Vintage Air system, PRP suspension seats, lots of custom work, all built by me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678