Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6530 with 1 bar MAP sensor

Hello Gary. On the dial showing degrees, is this showing the total being retarded from the total timing? Or is this showing actual timing of the engine? I'm just trying to understand what this particular dial is showing. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190128_153302.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	7810  
    Last edited by Murray2rude; 01-28-2019 at 06:49 PM.

That's showing the total of both retard curves that are being removed from the total locked timing.
    So if you have 40° of total locked timing, then this would have 15.9 BTDC in this shot.
    A 6530 does not know where the engine truly is, since you set the total.
    It does not use a "Reference Angle".
    The three gauges show engine speed, total timing removed as retard, and MAP pressure.
    The ignition is triggered at the locked timing, then "retarded" to the appropriate value for the engine speed/load combination.
    Last edited by Gaz64; 01-28-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Regards, Gary

Perfect, that's what I thought, but was not 100%. Thanks again. Once I have my map done would you mind taking a look and letting me know if I'm going in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Murray2rude View Post
    Perfect, that's what I thought, but was not 100%. Thanks again. Once I have my map done would you mind taking a look and letting me know if I'm going in the right direction?
    Yes, no worries Murray. Would like to hear others input as well. Gary
    Regards, Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12