Thread: Fuel Level

Default Fuel Level

I just installed the Digital Pro Dash, but having trouble with fuel level gauge.
    The sender is pinned correctly going to pin 21- IO7 as per instructions. Have checked Ohms at sender & pin, both match.
    I setup IO7 as Custom Ohms, with 0-90 against level 0-100.
    I've tried setting up gauges as both a number and an analogue gauge, however, whatever I do I cannot get it to read. It only indicates error.
    I've read over all the forum threads and instructions, I’ve triple checked my wiring and setup yet cannot get it to work.
    Both firmware versions are V5. Is there something I’m missing, or is this an issue anyone else has had with the Pro Dash?

Anyone got any ideas? I've checked that I'm setting it up right by doing the same setup on my other car with 7 inch Digital Dash, all works as it should.
    I've pinned a new wire into IO7, no change. I've tried IO6, which does all the same functions, it also doesn't work. Tried both IO7 & IO6 as 0-5V input, still just error.
    I've tried other inputs as earth to grounds, with a light on dash, this works. I've reinstalled the firmware, however with the Holley site being down I can only use what I already have.
    It appears all other aspects of dash are working and other inputs are working, just not the Ohm based inputs or the 0-5V inputs. All that I get on these inputs are error, not even a zero value.
    Being a new product has anyone else had similar problems? Is it possible there's a problem with the Pro Dash itself? Are there any other checks or suggestions?

UPDATE: Just downloaded V5 for the Pro Dash from Holley website and reinstalled again. Still no change. Pretty sure it's an issue with the dash. Has anyone got fuel gauge working with Pro Dash?

I'm having trouble with mine as well. I can not get it to read the fuel level correctly. I have my Ohms & level all entered in correctly and only wants to read 63% at full and the numbers do not move until I've moved the float by hand to about halfway. It use to work with my old 7" Digital Dash just fine. No idea what to do, but I need a working fuel gauge.
    89 Mustang GT
    Dart Block 363 with Borg S475 Turbo
    Holley Dominator EFI with 7" Digital Dash

Default Pro Dash fuel level error after updating to latest V5 firmware?

Hi Guys, I got the same error only after I updated the Pro Dash to latest V5 firmware prior to this all was working fine on V4 with V4 Dominator firmware. As James quoted, I too have rechecked the wire into IO7 and calibration configuration. Anyone from Holley, can you test this with latest firmware? I think you introduced a bug.

Make sure Channel Math on the gauge customize menu is not setup in "C TO F" but in "User Defined", Multiplier 1, other two values 0. Also, Average Slow and Rate at 1/sec worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrevkev View Post
    Hi Guys, I got the same error only after I updated the Pro Dash to latest V5 firmware prior to this all was working fine on V4 with V4 Dominator firmware. As James quoted, I too have rechecked the wire into IO7 and calibration configuration. Anyone from Holley, can you test this with latest firmware? I think you introduced a bug.
    Hi Guys. I still haven't found a solution to my problem with the dash only showing error for my fuel level configuration. I've now tried a different IO pin (IO4) and get the same error. Dominator ECU at latest levels V5 build 110, and Pro Dash V5 build 12 HW rev03. See below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190823_171429_resized.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	8657 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190823_171523_resized.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	8658 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190823_171310_resized.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	8659

I'm convinced whatever pullup circuit they have internal to IO7 doesnt work for 0-90 Ohm senders. I had all the same issues as everyone said here and every other thread about it. I ended up making my own pull-up resistor off one of the 5V dash outputs and wired it into IO5 for 5V custom input. Then programmed it for the calculated voltage. I used a 330 Ohm resistor and programmed it for ~0-1V. Not hugely accurate for only 1V swing, but works perfect for a gas gauge. It doesnt have a buffer, so it moves around a bit, but not a big deal.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bigrevkev View Post
    Hi Guys. I still haven't found a solution to my problem with the dash only showing error for my fuel level configuration. I've now tried a different IO pin (IO4) and get the same error. Dominator ECU at latest levels V5 build 110, and Pro Dash V5 build 12 HW rev03. See below.
    Gents, as I suspected all along, Holley's latest firmware has fixed the bug introduced with V5 (5.0.12) on the Pro Dash. Get the latest level 5.0.49 on.
    Also, the complete package (techlibrary_v5b130completefileset) Holley has left the old version of the Pro Dash in the package, so you need to download the dash firmware separately.