Thread: Retro vent for 12-131, should I install a charcoal cannister?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Retro vent for 12-131, should I install a charcoal cannister?

I installed the 12-131 in my 67 mustang for my sniper efi, it works great, but the car smells like gas, from the vent on the fuel pump I presume. What should I do with it, the directions say to hook the vent up to your existing charcoal canister system, but 67 doesn't have one.

I guess I need to build my own charcoal canister system, any suggestions on what to buy. Most of the canisters I've googled are for a specific make/model, but I can't find an aftermarket kit for an older vehicle like mine. The OEM ones I've googled discuss running a vacuum line to the carb to purge the charcoal, as it will eventually become saturated, but maybe with just venting it to the atmosphere it will be purged when the car is started, as it will suck air through it? Any suggestions?

I actually called tech support a few months ago and asked about the vent (either Holley or Summit), the snobby feminine sounding young man just told me to purchase and install the rollover valve into the vent. After buying that and installing it, I realized how he totally disrespected me and blew me off with that answer, what a dic.
    Last edited by tonydmm2; 12-12-2018 at 10:33 AM.