Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edlebrock 7116 vaccum leaks? Atomic EFI

Default Edlebrock 7116 vaccum leaks? Atomic EFI

I am having a most of the symptoms of a vacuum leak all but, the ability to find it. I have changed the throttle body base gasket. I even bought copper gasket sealer. (Never have had to use it before). I have new Fel-Pro problem solver intake gasket. (These are the thicker black and steal). My intake bolt are torqued to 11lb. I have sprayed break clean around all ports and throttle body base. Plus around the NPT fittings in the the Throttle body and its lines. Brake clean will not change idle. Yet I have a hesitation under hard throttle. Pump squirt is at 25% power valve enrichment is at 25. When at idle in reverse my iac jumps to 4-5. In drive it will do the same then after 10 seconds or so it will start to creep up. It will take 30 sec but, it will go up to 15 slowly. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by Xsefan; 12-11-2018 at 02:24 PM.

What MSD products are you running sir?
    shake-n-bake

MSD Atomic EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Xsefan View Post
    I am having a most of the symptoms of a vacuum leak all but, the ability to find it. I have changed the throttle body base gasket. I even bought copper gasket sealer. (Never have had to use it before). I have new Fel-Pro problem solver intake gasket. (These are the thicker black and steal). My intake bolt are torqued to 11lb. I have sprayed break clean around all ports and throttle body base. Plus around the NPT fittings in the the Throttle body and its lines. Brake clean will not change idle. Yet I have a hesitation under hard throttle. Pump squirt is at 25% power valve enrichment is at 25. When at idle in reverse my iac jumps to 4-5. In drive it will do the same then after 10 seconds or so it will start to creep up. It will take 30 sec but, it will go up to 15 slowly. Any help would be great.
    Jumps to 4-5 from what?
    IAC should always be some figure, around 10-15 in neutral at target rpm.
    Adjust the throttle blades, key off, start engine, observe IAC steps.
    Regards, Gary

While the car is running, cover the throttle body and if the car dies out, then you don't have a vacuum leak. But if it stays running, then yes, there is a leak and you'll have to hunt it down. Any other issues, call in so we can go over the settings with you please.
    shake-n-bake

Jumps to 4-5 from 0.

Will do tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsefan View Post
    Jumps to 4-5 from 0.
    From 0 to 4-5 is not a "jump".
    The IAC can be anywhere from 0 to 255, or FF in Hex.
    One step would be unperceivable to a human.
    IAC steps should never be 0, otherwise the idle might be still high
    for some reason, i.e. engine loosening up after a rebuild.

Gary
    Last edited by Gaz64; 01-20-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    Regards, Gary

It will be best to give us a call when your with the car, so we can help you with this issue.
    shake-n-bake

I've fixed the vacuum leak. Number 5 cylinder Edelbrock was out of spec. Now my big problem is I can't get the IAC below 120. Adjusted it with the leak, it's way out I can't get it in. I'll be out of town for a week (Shotshow). I'll call when I'm back. If anyone has any ideas how to do a factory reset, that would be a great starting point.

UPDATE: I have my idle set, but now it backfires under hard throttle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast