Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E85 - Will I run out of injector?

Default E85 - Will I run out of injector?

Just curious on this one guys. I've just finished setting up my nitrous system and was looking at using a small cell of E85 to enrich the nitrous, but was now wondering weather I can get away with just using E85 full time at the track. Currently at WOT, I’m using 243 lb/hr and the Sniper is equipped with four 100 lb/hr injectors, so I’m roughly thinking a extra 30% fuel to go E85, which comes up to 316 lb/hr with a bit up my sleeve. My engine is 355 ci, has 11.5:1 compression and makes 520 HP, and using a wet nitrous kit and starting at 100 HP hit on top. Will I be close by just adding 30% to my Base Fuel Table, give or take obviously, and will the AFR need to change on the table as the sensor I’m assuming is Lambda and set for regular fuel? System will be returned back to pump fuel for the street. Long winded question, sorry, but I'm interested to hear thoughts. Thanks, Chris.

I know this will be asked, what model Sniper? Some can not be used with E85 fuel.

Just the basic 650 Sniper. I know Holley recommend not to, but I know they can be if needed.

Look at your DC for the answer.

81 TransAm, you mean duty cycle yes? Will do, I’ll do a couple of datalogs on pump fuel and see where it’s at. Hopefully I’ve got a bit up my sleeve. Thanks.

Yes, duty cycle.

81 TransAm, I just did a WOT run, and it wasn’t too bad. 6900 RPM, 234 lb/hr and duty cycle was 60.4%.
    Is that acceptable? That’s also with the 255 LPH pump supplied in the Master Kit. I have a 044 here which is rated at 300 LPH.

Sounds OK for duty cycle. You won't run out of fuel at that DC, and if it still has good control at idle, you're on the money.
    Regards, Gary

That is with pump gas, correct? And the question is about running E85 at the track which will require 30% more fuel. So is it safe to say that would bump duty cycle 30% as well? Plus on the spray to boot? I'm afraid of NOS to begin with and that sure seems to be cutting it close. But I'm new to injection, so not sure what duty cycle starts to get in the danger zone?

Gregs69rs, yes on pump fuel and so far just using the supplied 255 LPH pump. I’ve got a 044 pump here which is 300 LPH so that may be a better option and after talking to someone else he’s done similar, but with an external regulator with a little more pressure to basically trick it a little. The nitrous will have its own independent fuel system, pump, regulator, etc., so the Sniper doesn’t need to feed the fuel. Going to have a go at it over Christmas break, and if it’s not going to work well, it’s easy enough to swap the tune back to pump fuel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast