Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: E85 - Will I run out of injector?

  1. #11

    Default

    IMO, you are going to be out of injector on E85.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,264

    Default

    I agree, since you're at 61% duty cycle now (with gasoline).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

    '78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

  3. #13

    Default

    Had a good chat with my tuner today and he also agreed that we’re going to be out of injector once I gave him the duty cycle figure. So we’ve decided to go 50/50 E85 & 98 unleaded. Now I’m going to increase the Base Fuel Table by around 15-18%, run in closed loop and run off the gasoline scale and the closed loop settings will compensate, is this correct? Also, do I need to make any changes to Coolant Temperature Enrichment, Cranking Fuel, AE vs TPS or MAP vs TPS? I’m not going to be able to get the car to him for a while, so my aim is getting it as close as possible. Thanks Chris.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,264

    Default

    There are the four fuel lb/hr tables that will need to be increased/tuned: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9676#post29676 (The E85 Forum Thread)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

    '78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

  5. #15

    Default

    Thanks Danny. Easy, done.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,264

    Default

    You're welcome.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

    '78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Wouldn't 30% additional to 61% DC be about 19% additional, so total of 80% DC? Gary
    Regards, Gary

  8. #18

    Default

    Gaz64, I thought the same, but I’m definitely no expert in anything EFI related, LOL. I’m happy to stick with the 50/50 mix, as it’ll give me what I need racing with a small nitrous hit without pushing the limits, and definitely more street friendly with economy, etc. Who knows, I may still give it a go at some point just to see what happens as I’m still curious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Holley has been the undisputed leader in fuel systems for over 100 years. Holley carburetors have powered every NASCAR® Sprint® Cup team and nearly every NHRA® Pro–Stock champion for four decades. Now, Holley EFI is dominating the performance world as well as our products for GM's LS engine. Holley's products also include performance fuel pumps, intake manifolds & engine dress–up products for street performance, race and marine applications. As a single solution, or partnered with products from other Holley companies - Hooker Headers, Flowtech Headers, NOS Nitrous, Weiand, Earl's Performance Plumbing, or Diablosport - Holley products can give you the edge you need over the competition.
Join us