Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Holley HP Install - Need advice on routing wires, etc.

Google search "3 bar MAP sensor pin-out", and select "Images" (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

These aren't correlating to each other. Holley lists it one way, other places it's listed differently.
    Pin A - Ground
    Pin B - Sensor Output
    Pin C - +5 Volts

From Holley's PDF:
    Pin Color Description
    A Black/White Sensor Ground
    B Orange Sensor +5V
    C Pink Signal
    One says it's a sensor +5V and one calls it a signal.

Do I have this right?
    Pin A - Ground = Black/White
    Pin B - Sensor Output = Red/Black
    Pin C - Sensor +5V Input = Orange

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCow View Post
    Do I have this right?
    Pin A - Ground = Black/White
    Pin B - Sensor Output = Red/Black
    Pin C - Sensor +5V Input = Orange
    That should be correct. If MAP sensor reads correct kPa, then it's right.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

Can you describe correct kPa? I have renumbered the kPa side to be 40 through 200 since I'm only running 7 psi boost for now.

I just mean if it reads kPa, as opposed to "Error".

Ah, got it. My luck it would be smoke and insert another 1000 dollars for a new computer.

That won't happen with sensor wiring.

Just wanted to give an update...SHE RUNS!!!

She hasn't run properly since I built the engine in 2002 and installed a MegaSquirt in it in 2003. When I wired in the first MegaSquirt and attempted to start my brand new engine, I found out that the guy who built the MegaSquirt shorted out the #8 injector wiring internally and it hydrolocked my engine with gas while cranking. Had a new MegaSquirt built. Think it was V3.43 or something. It didn't want to work with my MSD crank trigger and I was in another nightmare messing with pot dials and jumpers.
    Saved up finally for a Holley HP. Bought the kit, got help here to get it wired up and a bunch of questions later, SHE RUNS! I've got a lot to do now.
    Clean up the balancer because I can't see the numbers anymore. (It was brand new ATI Super Damper back in 2002, now its coated with rust.)
    Set the timing (it's set by ear right now).
    Flush the radiator and put new thermostat in.
    Hook up my electric fan to the computer.
    I have to re-read the thread to find out how to create a output for a fan relay now.

Congratulations. https://forums.holley.com/showthread...Fan-Holley-EFI (Wiring An Electric Cooling Fan)

Got a question. This MSD distributor doesn't have a #1 on the cap, so I put the #1 where I thought it went on a factory cap, but not sure. Is there any instructions that show proper phasing for a Ford TFI distributor?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast