Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Holley HP Install - Need advice on routing wires, etc.

OK, that's good to know.
    I have a 1" open plenum carb style phenolic spacer (plastic) that I'm hoping to drill into and put the MAT and also the port for the MAP.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow, red, green, black & white wires do? I'm on with Holley tech and they don't know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181220_164619.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	7719  

http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 6.0 "Loose Wires", Page 11)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks Danny!
    I looked over that dang PDF a hundred times and missed it every time. LOL! I was able to get most of the wiring done. I connected to the computer and set the fuel pump to come on for 10 seconds and turn off. That works! I plugged in the fuel pressure sensor, but I can't get a reading off of it. Is there something I'm not setting up correctly? The fuel pressure sensor is 554-102 100 psi pressure transducer.

Ensure the Holley 100 psi fuel pressure transducer is selected in the Sensors ICF.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & MT 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks again!

I'm practicing setting up the software and have noticed that it only shows 400 ci engines and bigger as templates to setup. Is there supposed to be more engines to choose from in the Wizard?

The HP EFI software has an engine cubic inch size parameter in Engine Parameters.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Steps #1-#6!)

IT RUNS!!!!
    I was able to successfully start my car up for the first time in 5 years.
    Got her idling pretty good in about 2 minutes of messing with the fuel grid.
    Thanks for all the help!

Moving forward:
    1. I have to install a new Holley 3 bar MAP sensor in place of the factory (gray) one. The plugs do not fit. The new Holley one (black) came with a new plug. Question is: Do the wires go in the same spot or is it different?
    2. Need to lock the timing in the EFI software to check timing with my timing light. Do I uncheck idle spark to do this? Need that link again please.
    3. Can't believe that this kit didn't come with the Input/Output connector. That's pretty cheap if you ask me. So now I need to hunt down this male connector. (The female side is already on the harness and that's all Holley shows for sale.) https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/570-209

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCow View Post
    Thanks for all the help!
    You're welcome.

1. I have to install a new Holley 3 bar MAP sensor in place of the factory (gray) one. The plugs do not fit. The new Holley one (black) came with a new plug. Question is: Do the wires go in the same spot or is it different?
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4707#post84707 (MAP Sensor Wiring Information)

2. Need to lock the timing in the EFI software to check timing with my timing light. Do I uncheck idle spark to do this? Need that link again please.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Read Step #4)

3. Can't believe that this kit didn't come with the Input/Output connector. That's pretty cheap if you ask me. So now I need to hunt down this male connector. (The female side is already on the harness and that's all Holley shows for sale.) https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/570-209
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/558-400 (Holley 558-400 Auxiliary I/O Harness)

I looked on the link in #2 question and it doesn't show my part number there. I have MAP part number 554-107. Are the pin-outs still the same as that link describes?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast