Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holley HP Install - Need advice on routing wires, etc.

Just spoke with Holley and they recommend to cut the Holley harness and install the Ford TPS pigtail on it like was recommended above I believe. Sounds like I'm cutting a new harness. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCow View Post
    Sounds like I'm cutting a new harness. LOL!
    Yes, that's the way I did it in post #14! The Holley EFI main harness is often modified for the application.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    TPS Sensor - You can use the OEM Ford TPS sensor. The wire colors are even the same as Holley EFI. However, I chose to retain the OEM Ford TPS connector by soldering it onto the Holley EFI TPS sub-harness. If I need to replace the TPS sensor (LINK), I want to install it "as is", because it's the wear item (not the main harness). I never modify OEM sensors with attached wiring. In other words, I replaced the Holley EFI TPS connector with the Ford TPS connector, leaving the Ford TPS & connector "as is".
    My problem is that the original Ford harness is a little worn out. If I keep the Ford TPS as-is without cutting its stock plug, I'd need to buy a new one that plugs into it to solder onto the Holley harness. Do you know of that part number?
    Last edited by TurboCow; 12-03-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCow View Post
    Do you know of that part number?
    Since it's an OEM Ford connector, you should be able to find it here: LINK (Ford Motorcraft Wiring Pigtail Kits)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Part number WPT-651. Everything I find says it's discontinued.

Can I use this part instead? https://www.amazon.com/ONLINE-LED-ST...43772846&psc=1. Wiring size OK diameter?

Yes & yes. Is your TPS connector really in bad shape? Mine was in great condition. You only need a few inches of its wiring.

I'll look at it again tonight. I didn't want to save anything from the old wiring, just so I can say everything is new.

If you want to PM me your email address and what area pictures you want, I'm headed to the garage in two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    This thread is about installing a Holley HP/Dominator EFI in a late model Fox Mustang.
    I responded again here because I was not allowed to send you a private message. I decided to respond to your last message aimed at me. In my first message, I feel strongly that I answered exactly what the original poster requested; how to run wires from inside into the engine compartment. Yet I got a response from you saying the post involved Mustang and mine was not appropriate. I don't know what I did to inspire your ire, but my answer was given in he spirit of helping and in good faith, nothing more.
    '57 Chevy, 327, Holley HP MPFI, 700R4, 3.73 gears, plus much more.
    '51 Studebaker Starlight Coupe, 350 Chevy, Weiand 177 blower, Holley HP TBI, TH400, Gear Vendors OD, plus much more.

Larry, it's not a big deal. I never said your post was "inappropriate". In a late model Fox body Mustang, the Holley EFI main harness simply isn't be routed the way you & I did it in our other vehicles (along transmission tunnel & through new firewall hole). I explained this in post #14.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast