Thread: Aeromotive 340 Stealth tank 340 LPH pump replacement.

Default Aeromotive 340 Stealth tank 340 LPH pump replacement.

Hello, I have an Aeromotive 340LPH Stealth tank setup in my Chevelle. currently running MPFI with Dominator EFI. I attached a #16-111 HydraMat to the bottom of the Aeromotive pump to eliminate a brutal fuel starvation problem under hard launch with less than 3/4 tank of fuel. This eliminated the issue, but now the pump is failing after 1 year (I expected this since their techs said the HydraMat would drastically shorten pump life). The question is, does a #16-111 HydraMat fit on a Sniper #19-341 or 19-342 pump and is it allowed on the sniper pump? The Sniper specs do not list the Sniper pump inlet diameter size (HydraMat is 11 mm).

The other option might be the Holley #12-929 450LPH pump which lists the HydraMat as an service part option but, the specs say this pump is used on TBI systems (40 psi) and my MPFI injectors run at 55 psi. I'm slightly confused by the spec sheet for this pump which says the maximum psi is 87, which is much higher than the 40 psi. If the #12-929 pump can hold 55 psi I'd most likely choose this one due to its higher LPH rating. Any help/advice on what is the best path forward would be great. Thanks! - Glenn

You're confusing psi ratings with what the pump is actually capable of.
    The psi ratings are for performance (volume) information only; they're not a pressure setting.
    EFI fuel pumps have a wide range of psi capability; you set the exact pressure you need/want.
    Electric fuel pumps only produce volume, the fuel pressure regulator creates the desired pressure.
    Also, any EFI fuel pump will decrease volume output (GPH flow) as fuel pressure is increased.
    http://documents.holley.com/holleyfu...ems_chart1.pdf (Fuel System Selection Chart)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires