Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 565-201 Specs

Default 565-201 Specs

Hello, I have called multiple times to Holley tech support trying to ask how long the connection cable is on the 565-201 and/or 565-201BK. I have the Ford 550-606N Holley HP EFI ECU & Harness Kit, and the Holley HP connector only makes it to cylinder #3 over the intake. I need a connection of 12-13 inches just to connect the distributor to the Holley HP ignition connector.

The tech support claims the polished version only has 6” of wiring, but yet claims the black distributor (565-201BK) has 30”. How can this be? In the pics, the black distributor has a wire that looks to be a ton longer. Why can nobody just open the box and look at the warehouse?

I want to buy ASAP as long as the connector can reach the HP ignition connector. Would hate to give up and use the 558-305 Ford TFI connector with OEM distributor. Thanks.

Sorry sir, this is MSD. Sir, we're here in TX and they're in KY, so I can't just go open a box to get the specs. So the only way to get that info is to call Holley again and ask to speak to Shane Whitescarver for that info.
    shake-n-bake

Quote Originally Posted by 351W View Post
    The tech support claims the polished version only has 6” of wiring, but yet claims the black distributor (565-201BK) has 30”. How can this be? In the pics, the black distributor has a wire that looks to be a ton longer.
    Also, the Holley 565-201 distributor webpage has a generic GM distributor pictured (which is annoying).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Very true on that one sir!
    Last edited by msdtech50; 11-16-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    shake-n-bake

My post wasn't directed at you, it's just a general comment.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Just letting you know. This is also more MSD then Holley. They don't look over these questions that are sent in and asked.
    shake-n-bake

That’s par for the course man. Call Holley tech support and leave with more questions than answers. I’m still waiting on my call back from the tech that lied to me.
    Is Holley tech hiring McDonald’s dropouts? Can’t ask a tech questions regarding a product I'm willing to buy today, too much incompetence.

So all you need to know is how long that cable is? What other questions did you have? This way I can try to get in contact with my rep from Holley to get you the info.
    shake-n-bake

Yes sir. I need to know the length of the wire coming out of the distributor with the connector. I need enough length to reach the Holley HP EFI connector that only reaches to cylinder #3 on the Ford upper. I'll buy this tonight if compatible. Thank you!

I’m still waiting here for an answer. How nice of you to delete my post from yesterday, all while never giving me an answer to this tech question. I’m also waiting on Holley tech from last week to call me back with an answer. How professional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast