Thread: Holley sensor block options.

Default Holley sensor block options.

I recently saw the new Holley EFI 1/8npt sensor block (534-35) and it looks like a great piece.
    I’m new to this Holley HP kit, and I was wondering how I would use a sensor block?

I need to order two Holley 100 psi pressure sensors (554-102) for my fuel and oil pressure. Instead of mounting the fuel pressure sensor into the center of my Aeromotive adjustable (take gauge out of center) and the oil pressure in the extension block, how could I use this block?

I know how to mount the physical block, I’m trying to ask how I can insert two of these Holley pressure sensors in it and how to get them to work? Out two sensors in the top of the block and plug in my connection to the Holley HP wire up top on the connector. What or how do I run from the bottom of the sensor to the fuel and oil pressure locations and securely tap off the rest of the block? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 351W View Post
    What or how do I run from the bottom of the sensor to the fuel and oil pressure locations and securely tap off the rest of the block?
    A length of stainless steel braided Teflon hose is typically used.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2756#post32756 (Proper Transducer Installation Information)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I’m going to check those links right now. Thank you very much Danny!

Buying an industrial quality transducer is a far better idea than adding hoses that can fail from rubbing, bad crimps or poor connections. We spent 40 years getting rid of mechanical lines to senders. Keep it simple.

So what do you recommend? Just stick the transducer in the oil pressure extension and plug the Holley HP wire in there? Along with just pulling out my Aeromotive fuel pressure gauge from in front of the adjustable regulator and just plug the transducer in there and run Holley wire? I’m confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
    Buying an industrial quality transducer is a far better idea than adding hoses that can fail from rubbing, bad crimps or poor connections.
    We are referring to the high quality Holley EFI pressure transducers (554-102), not sending units. It's not recommended to install a pressure transducer directly onto an engine.

We spent 40 years getting rid of mechanical lines to senders. Keep it simple.
    Again, we're not referring to sending units. Today's stainless steel braided Teflon hose is much better than what we had 40 years ago. When installed properly, they don't fail.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Just for info, I have my Holley oil pressure transducer mounted on a SBC at the top rear oil passage, near the distributor. I have it on a small extension to clear the distributor. It has been this way for 3 years & 15000 miles, without any issues.

As a counter point, my Holley fuel pressure sender that was mounted on the rail died last week. It all of a sudden started reading 7-8 psi low. I was chasing my tail thinking that it was the fuel pump or regulator, then finally checked pressure with a mechanical gauge. I'm moving it now off the rail. It's been installed since 2015 and probably has 10-15K miles on it. As another point, I got a Honeywell sender as a replacement, and it died an almost immediate death. I drove the car maybe 5 miles and the fuel pressure readings started fluctuating wildly, sometimes showing 100 psi, then going down to 20 psi, then nothing, then another random reading. Andrew

I'm also on my second AC Delco oil pressure sender. It failed earlier this year. Having a somewhat lumpy cam really shakes the life out of even the best transducers. Andrew

I know several Holley users that experienced failed transducers from being directly mounted onto the engine.

FYI: The Holley pressure transducers (SSI Technologies) are very high quality and stainless steel construction (LINK). The Holley transducers have integrated ASIC signal conditioning for calibration & temperature compensation (unlike some less expensive models). Holley transducers are compatible with air, hydrogen, nitrogen, water, refrigerant, engine oil, diesel, ATF/hydraulic & brake fluid. The operating range is -40°C − 105°C (-40°F − 221°F).
    http://www.ssi-sensors.com/pdfs/Pres...20OVERVIEW.pdf (P51 Media Sensors - Pressure/Gauge Sensors - Performance Specifications Data Sheet)
    https://aeromotiveinc.com/frequently...fi-regulators/ (Aeromotive EFI Fuel Pressure Regulator FAQs - Read Questions #7 & #8!)
    http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/..._Gauges_01.pdf (Aeromotive Tech Bulletin 903 - Liquid Filled vs Dry, The Problem & Solution)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2756#post32756 (Proper Transducer Installation Information)