X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hottrod1971
    • Jul 2016

Virtual Switches

Just ordered a Holley 553-106 Digital Dash. Saw the section on virtual switches. How many switches can you have? I see the Digital Dash wiring kit shows ten I/O, but the Digital Dash "talks" to the ECU, so are you able to switch every I/O on the HP or Dominator as well? Can't seem to see it explained definitely. Thanks!
  • Danny Cabral
    Administrator
    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by hottrod1971 View Post
    Saw the section on virtual switches. How many switches can you have?
    You can have up to ten Virtual Switches. Look at the "View LCD" screen in the Pin Map of the Holley EFI software.

I see the Digital Dash wiring kit shows ten I/O, but the Digital Dash "talks" to the ECU, so are you able to switch every I/O on the HP or Dominator as well?
    The ten I/O channels aren't involved with the Virtual Switches. Please read the Digital Dash instruction manual:
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Digital Dash Instruction Manual - "Adding Switches", Page 26)

Can't seem to see it explained definitely. Thanks!
    Read "NOTES" at the end of this LINK.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• hottrod1971
      • Jul 2016

I appreciate you trying to answer my question, but parts of your answer are not clear. You can have up to 10 switches. OK, that's a clear answer to something that's not in the manual. The manual shows small cut off screens with only 3 inputs & outputs in their respective sections including the "View LCD" you reference. It seems in looking at the manual in those pictures I see referenced "Holley ECU PIN MAP", so I'm taking it from your reply that NONE of the 10 I/O on the Digital Dash's own wiring can be used as switch outputs, and only those in the main harness to the Holley ECU can be used. Therefore, am I correct that you would for example be limited to 4 choices of outputs if you have the HP unit?

Comment

• Danny Cabral
        Administrator
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by hottrod1971 View Post
        Therefore, am I correct that you would for example be limited to 4 choices of outputs if you have the HP unit?
        Not necessarily. Some Virtual Switches are purely software based I/O such as my datalogger switch & 2-Step enable switch.
        '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• delta0014
          • Jul 2019

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm wondering if the virtual switches will work with headlights, hazard lights? Has anyone hooked up there headlights to it?

Comment

• Danny Cabral
            Administrator
            • Dec 2009

Sure you can, just use a relay if the output draws more than 2 amps. Holley EFI ECU Outputs are rated at a maximum of 2 amps.

Comment

Working...
            X