Thread: IQ3 Baud Rate

Default IQ3 Baud Rate

I can't get DataLinkII (4.7.5) to communicate with the IQ3 Dash. In the Message Log window, I get the error "Receiver timeout on COM4. Is the device connected?"

I'm using Windows 10, and a very reliable USB-to-Serial adapter on COM4.

In trying to diagnose this, I find that the IQ3 Dash powers up with some serial output at 57,600 baud. I can see its power up anthem when I connect TeraTerm to the serial port instead of DataLinkII.

But the DataLinkII says it's configured at (a ridiculously fast) 921,600 baud. I see this as one of the first outputs when I try to scan serial ports. Also, in fact, I've confirmed with a scope that when I try to Read VNET Config, it's sending stuff out at 921,600.

I would think this baud rate mismatch is my problem. But I see no place in DataLinkII to reconfigure this. I wouldn't think I should have to mess with this, anyway!

Please help...

Default Re: IQ3 Baud Rate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lightneing
    I can't get DataLinkII (4.7.5) to communicate with the IQ3 Dash. In the Message Log window, I get the error "Receiver timeout on COM4. Is the device connected?"

I'm using Windows 10, and a very reliable Bathmate review USB-to-Serial adapter on COM4.
    Hi Dr. Lightening.

I get this error too "Receiver timeout on COM4. Is the device connected?"

Did you find a way to get past it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mccoin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lightneing

I'm using Windows 10, and a very reliable Bathmate review USB-to-Serial adapter on COM4.
    Hi Dr. Lightening.

I get this error too "Receiver timeout on COM4. Is the device connected?"

Did you find a way to get past it?
    I have the same problem with 2 different cars and 2 different new laptops with Windows 10. I even bought the Racepak serial cable. Sytem works fine and connects using the old laptops. I was hoping someone would have responded to this.

I have found with mine is that it needs to be plugged into the same USB port every time I use it.

When you open the Datalink Software and click on [Settings] and select [Scan COM Ports] what COM port is returned?

Have you tried deleting the driver?