Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Racepak - quo vadis?

Default Re: Racepak - quo vadis?

I see there is now a BT adapter, to stream data to a phone. Nice, I guess. Nicer would be the ability to BT the datalog files to a computer, or even a phone, and render that fiddly little memory card to the sole function of storage, not storage and data transfer...

However it does not appear that it will do this - yet?

Is this coming, and if so when? Presumably will need a Datalink upgrade of some sort, to access the BT downloads, though surely there are other ways of skinning that cat?

This would a good sign that Racepak is not only listening, but acting ...
    IQ3 logger, Haltech PS1000, USM - for now!

Quote Originally Posted by tim@racepak
    I was notified of this thread by our Sales Manager, and wanted to jump back on here and bring everyone up to date, as the above postings are are good, legit questions that I felt needed to be answered. My move to president of the company (about five years ago) has taken me away from the hands on support (forum posts, onsite, etc) and to running the business on a day to day basis. Now, on to the subject of day to day business and the relationship to our current and future product upgrades.

I am not sure if everyone is familiar with the history of our ownership, as that will better explain where we are, at this time. Racepak was purchased approximately 10 years ago by an investment group which at that time, also owned MSD among other companies, thus our close relationship with MSD. During the subsequent 10 years, we have moved through four different ownership groups, and the associated business model changes which go with each group. Those types of changes impact our internal business model plans and as such, we had to rearrange potential new product development, based on ownership.

Last year, we were purchased by the Holly family of performance products, which has proven to be a great relationship, in that they value new product development. For Racepak, that means we can get back to what we do best, developing new software and hardware, for the motor sports market. With that said, the development period for software and hardware is not a short period....it can be anywhere from 12-24 months depending on the complexity of the product and related components.

We have a short and long list of products we desire to bring to market, products which are not going to be a rehash of old designs, but rather products which we feel will take Racepak well into the future and provide what many customers most want...answers to problems.

Below is my direct phone number. I have included this as I would be happy to address any questions anyone might have, regarding our company, future products or any other subject. Feel free to call me any time.

Thanks
    Tim

1-949-709-1592
    Hi Tim, 1st anniversary of this post, is there anything you can update us on?

Quote Originally Posted by GeeEmm
    Quote Originally Posted by tim@racepak
    I was notified of this thread by our Sales Manager, and wanted to jump back on here and bring everyone up to date, as the above postings are are good, legit questions that I felt needed to be answered. My move to president of the company (about five years ago) has taken me away from the hands on support (forum posts, onsite, etc) and to running the business on a day to day basis. Now, on to the subject of day to day business and the relationship to our current and future product upgrades.

I am not sure if everyone is familiar with the history of our ownership, as that will better explain where we are, at this time. Racepak was purchased approximately 10 years ago by an investment group which at that time, also owned MSD among other companies, thus our close relationship with MSD. During the subsequent 10 years, we have moved through four different ownership groups, and the associated business model changes which go with each group. Those types of changes impact our internal business model plans and as such, we had to rearrange potential new product development, based on ownership.

Last year, we were purchased by the Holly family of performance products, which has proven to be a great relationship, in that they value new product development. For Racepak, that means we can get back to what we do best, developing new software and hardware, for the motor sports market. With that said, the development period for software and hardware is not a short period....it can be anywhere from 12-24 months depending on the complexity of the product and related components.

We have a short and long list of products we desire to bring to market, products which are not going to be a rehash of old designs, but rather products which we feel will take Racepak well into the future and provide what many customers most want...answers to problems.

Below is my direct phone number. I have included this as I would be happy to address any questions anyone might have, regarding our company, future products or any other subject. Feel free to call me any time.

Thanks
    Tim

1-949-709-1592
    Hi Tim, 1st anniversary of this post, is there anything you can update us on?
    Apparently not.

My racecar is now up for sale, and I have a new project under way. In the absence of any signs of life at Racepak I am going elsewhere for my data/dash supplier for the new car.

So long Racepak, and thanks for, well, not much.

Seems there might be light at the end of the tunnel , unfortunately too far off for my needs .

My timing has always been a little suss ...

Here are some links for our new cloud-based data logger. It took a little time, but we believe it was worth the wait.

https://www.facebook.com/RacepakVantage/

https://store.racepak.com/

https://store.racepak.com/collection...l1-data-logger

Thanks,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123