Thread: Serial to USB that comes with iQ3 doesn't work in Windows 10

Default Serial to USB that comes with iQ3 doesn't work in Windows 10

Hi,

I sent an email to support@racepak.com and thought it would be valuables for others to know also as I tried to find information on here and couldn't.

I recently purchased an iQ3 Display Dash from Haltech and it came with a "Racepak" Serial to USB cable. When plugging it into 3 Different Windows 10 laptops, Windows 10 picks up the cable and recognizes it and installs the drivers fine. It assigns a Com Port and everything looks fine. But DataLink II doesn't pickup the connection when you scan the port or if you set it manually. It recognizes that the port is open, echo's it, but then fails and ultimately results in a "Serial Error".

After endless trying of installing different drivers, I gave up. As a test went to a local electronics shop and picked up another Serial to USB cable. First time plugging it in, worked like a charm. Now I'm all set, but out an additional $30. (which is fine but I lost a bunch of hours trying to troubleshoot which sucks :cry: ).

Something that might need to be addressed. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm an IT Professional and tried 3 different computers (All windows 10) and they all had the same issues.

Cheers,

Houman.

Default Re: Serial to USB that comes with iQ3 doesn't work in Window

Hi.

I am not sure it is helpful,

have you connected your IQ3 to ECU?

I mean, have IQ3 received power(12V)?

I did like you with Windows 8 and without power.

And the problem was solved, when IQ3 received power and turned on.

Have a good day.