Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racepak IQ3 Logger - AEM Infintiy 6 - Help!!

Default Racepak IQ3 Logger - AEM Infintiy 6 - Help!!

I'm assuming someone has to have experience with IQ3 Logger and AEM Infinity -6 CAN connection.

Files attached:
    -AEMNet 150505_Public.pdf - Protocol for EMS Infinity EMS (30-71XX) V96.1 and later
    -30-2130-150.pdf - Specs to the fuel and oil pressure sensor
    -230-VM-EFIAEMC.pdf - What RacePak Gives you when purchasing 230-VM-EFIAEMC

Info:
    My ECU - Infinity EMS (30-71XX) V96.1 and later
    Using Part # 230-VM-EFIAEMC
    Racepak IQ3 Logger

What I want to accomplish:

- I would like to display Boost (via MAP sensor) in PSI on the dash
    - I would like to display oil and fuel pressure in psig on the display
    - I would like to have display Air/Fuel instead of Lambda - This could be due to math should be .0078125??

Established inputs:

ADCR 14 input is receiving MAP sensor info
    ADCR 11 input is receiving Fuel pressure sensor
    ADCR 18 input is receiving Oil pressure sensor
    Air/fuel Ratio 1 appear to be off between +-.05-.1 in Lambda. This could be due to math should be .0078125 instead of .007812??
    Vehicle speed does not match the OEM Gauge, However GPS does
    Engine RPM does not match OEM Gauge, however it does on the RPM signal wire in.

Issues:

1. Air/fuel Ratio 1 appear to be off between +-.05 -.15 in Lambda. I wonder if the math is off and if anyone has advice on what values to use. Also, How to convert this to AFR
    2. How do we convert ADCR channels from Volts to PSIg/psi
    3.Vehicle speed does not match the OEM Gauge, However GPS does off about 5-8 MPH
    4. Engine RPM does not match OEM Gauge, however it does match the wired in input for the IQ3

If anyone has figured this out and can help me save sometime. I've got all the AEM CAN info and have been spending hours playing and tweeking with very little sucess. I've tried to contact Racepak and I am still waiting on a call back for help. (If they call, I will share on here)

Thank you everyone in advance for your help.

Thank you,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Racepak IQ3 Logger - AEM Infintiy 6 - Help!!

FYI- For those of you using the RacePak CAN interface for AEM Infinity. We are no longer able to pull the EFI ADCR11, ADCR13, ADCR14, ADCR17, ADCR18, ADCR15, ADCR16, and ADCR18 Channels

It would be nice to have some from Racepak chime in on this or look at update the protocol for AEM CAN

Please see the message below, this comes from the engineer on the AEM Forums:
    --

Link to AEM Forums - http://aemelectronics.com/?q=forum/aemnet-150505

The Infinity ECU firmware upgrade (v96.1) is being released as a field upgrade for all existing units and will be used for all new Infinity ECU’s going forward. It features a greatly expanded CAN message set (AEMnet 150505) that will become the standard Infinity CAN data stream.

Up until now, all of our CAN capable ECU’s have been sending out 4 messages, 0x01F0A000, 0x01F0A001, 0x01F0A002 & 0x01F0A003. The older V2 Series ECU’s (30-6XXX p/n’s) will continue to send out these four messages. Going forward, the Infinity ECU’s running V96.1 and later will send out two of those messages (0x01F0A000 & 0x01F0A003) but will no longer send out messages 0x01F0A001 & 0x01F0A002.

There are 13 new Infinity specific messages defined in the attached document; http://aemelectronics.com/sites/defa...505_Public.pdf

0x01F0A000, 0x01F0A003, 0x01F0A004, 0x01F0A005, 50 Hz continuous
    0x01F0A006, 0x01F0A007, 25 Hz continuous
    0x01F0A008, 5 Hz continuous
    0x01F0A00A, 25 Hz continuous, only Xmits if ECU has VVTi enabled
    0x01F0A00B, 25 Hz continuous, only Xmits if ECU has Boost Control enabled
    0x01F0A00D, 25 Hz continuous, only Xmits if ECU has DBW Control enabled
    0x01F0A010, 0x01F0A011, 0x01F0A012, 50 Hz continuous, only Xmits if ECU has Traction Control enabled
    0x01F0A020 & 0x01F0A021, 50 Hz continuous, Only Xmits if ECU has Knock Control enabled

While message 0x01F0A000 is still supported, the “Engine Load” channel contained within is being deprecated effective immediately and I would ask that you don’t use it. It contains Engine Load, 0-100% of full scale and is not relevant and can lead you astray. We have added a new channel, “MAP”, in 0x01F0A004 to be used instead. This is a proper, scaled, MAP value.

I know there is a lot of stuff in there but we really wanted to make sure this new configuration would support all our existing demands as well as allowing a customer to reasonably use an external Logger, Dash or PDM without limitation.

I have the same challenge. With AEM firmware 96 and earlier, all was well. With the new 96.1, I do not have access to Oil P and Fuel P., due to the new CAN protocol. Anyone? :?:
    Porsche street and race cars...OE Manufacturer builds

Default Re: Racepak IQ3 Logger - AEM Infinity 6 - Help!!

This will never work unless Racepak updates the AEM CAN Protocol

I can't get anyone from Racepak to work with me. They just point fingers at AEM and say that someone from AEM needs to contact them with the new CAN protocol; even though AEM provides the official CAN protocol on there website and its accessible to anyone. I've even been promised a call back from their AEM EFI CAN expert; I have yet to receive a call. Even after multiple voicemails and attempts to reach him. Very bummed. I have even called AEM and they said they would reach out to Racepack.

I'm not holding my breath at this point. Racepack refused to comment on here or make any efforts to support the AEM CAN for Infinity. Unless things change, I will not be running this next year.

It's not that we've refused to comment; we are waiting to hear from AEM on the updated information. Posting it on a site is not sufficient. We require additional information for our engineers to correctly pick up the CAN data stream. Once we have updated information, we will be happy to post it here and on our main site.

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Thank you Todd for replying,

It’s just getting very frustrating as I keep getting bounced around. I like your Dash, and would like to continue using the CAN cable to its full abilities. If you can ask your engineers to contact AEM, that would be wonderful.

Thanks again.

For anyone that is trying tp add new Data to the Racepak IQ3 Dash, please visit the link below:

http://aemelectronics.com/?q=forum/a...3#comment-4783

Quote Originally Posted by todd@racepak
    It's not that we've refused to comment; we are waiting to hear from AEM on the updated information. Posting it on a site is not sufficient. We require additional information for our engineers to correctly pick up the CAN data stream. Once we have updated information, we will be happy to post it here and on our main site.

Sincerely,
    Hello Todd,

Does Racepack have any updated information?

The new Universal EFI module supports the latest data stream from AEM. Here is a link showing the information on the new module:

http://www.racepak.com/downloads/pdf...VM-EFIUCAN.pdf

Thanks,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Hello Todd,

I just reviewed the attachment. Nothing has been changed from the prior update besides EGT's . AEM's Protocol doesn't even support the load and custom channels any more.

I'm happy to help in any way. Your users will appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast