Thread: Datalink 3.8 to 4.5 upgrade

Default Datalink 3.8 to 4.5 upgrade

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving my Datalink installation to a new laptop. I've been using Datalink II version 3.8 and I want to upgrade to the latest version (4.5) in the process. I've installed 4.5 and moved all of my configuration files over to the new laptop. When I open my car config file, I get errors complaining about "Error compiling device file IO_ANALOG Unterminated quoted parameter".

What do I have to do to migrate my 3.8 config files to the new 4.5 software?

Thanks,
    Cliff

Default Re: Datalink 3.8 to 4.5 upgrade

This is really frustrating. Is anyone actually running version 4.5 on a Win7 x64 platform?

Hi Cliff,

I believe Donny emailed you a link to roll back to an earlier version of the software. Here is the link below, in case you did not receive it:

http://www.racepak.com/downloads/dat...kII_v4.4.2.exe

Let me know if you still encounter some issues.

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply. I did receive Donny's email and I have tried the 4.4 release but it had the exact same behavior. I've tried the software - the 4.5 release - on multiple 64 bit Win7 machines now and I am seeing the same issues. Is Datalink actually certified/supported on the 64 bit architecture?

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Yes, Racepak's Datalink II works perfectly fine on nearly every 64-bit system I've worked on. I currently run both DataLink II version 4.4.2 and 4.5.1 (beta) on my 64-bit machine with no issues. Please email me your configuration file so I can attempt to reproduce the problem on my machine.

Thanks,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Thanks Todd. I just sent the files. I hope I didn't sound condescending. Some manufacturers of software require their products to be run in 32 bit compatibilty mode. I wouldn't expect that of Racepak. Thanks for helping me.

Cliff