Thread: G2X Pro dash and temp sensor

Default G2X Pro dash and temp sensor

My company works with ATV and side-by-side OEMs for CVT belting. We have one OEM that uses Racepak exclusively, so I need to buy a G2X Pro for one of our test vehicles. But I have two questions. First, is there are waterproof dash that can be used with it? I have an old display for a G2X (purchased around 2007) that looks like it might be waterproof (sealed buttons, at least). I can look for a part number if it would be useful. If it either is not waterproof or won't work with a new G2X Pro, do you have a solution?
    Second, one of the sensors I need is a non-contact temperature (IR) to measure heat on the belt. I don't see anything that will do this on your site. Do you have something?
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

Default Re: G2X Pro dash and temp sensor

Both the G2X dash and the newer IQ3 display are water resistant, but neither is designed to be waterproof. We have infrared temperature sensors which should work well for measuring the temperature of the belt. Here is the link: http://www.racepak.com/Sensors/Temperature.php#infrared.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652