Thread: Triggering circuit to ground

Default Triggering circuit to ground

Hi there,

I know this is a strange question since the smartwire is there to provide power to a circuit on certain conditions, but I have a need to ground a circuit when it's triggered by certain conditions (GPS speed over 10kph for instance).

What would you guys suggest as the best way to achieve this ?? I was hoping that the smartwire could trigger to ground somehow ??

Fraser

Default Re: Triggering circuit to ground

I would say the simplest way would be to use a small size 12v relay.
    Make the Smartwire switch the Solenoid, then connect then input of the relay to
    to ground so when activated you will have a ground output.

Or a resistor and a NPN transistor if you want a tiny package.

Jim
    ----

Default Re: Triggering circuit to ground

Thanks JMG.....yeah I figured that might be the only way, but thought I'd ask the question here for Racepak to answer in case there was some other "cleaner" way......

I'm not sure why I expected a reply from Racepak staff but was worth a try !!

Thanks again mate.