Thread: Feature request thread

Default Feature request thread

Hi there,

I have opened a similar thread for the IQ3 and I think it's been very helpful for most users there, so wanted to do the same for the Smartwire as if we can give simple, clear feedback to Racepak it makes their job easier and gets us what we need from our Racepak gear.

I will start in the format that makes it easy to track and if someone else has something to add, just copy and paste the previous list and add yours to the bottom.

1. Ability to use multiple configurations on an output. We recently had an issue where we wanted to have one input that could turn on headlights permanently, and then use a separate input switch to make the lights flash. With the current setup you can only have an output doing one thing..... either on, latched, flashing etc. I know we could run a separate output to the lights and have that output setup differently but that seems a bit ridiculous when I already have wires going there and a software based power controller. We have setup MOTEC PDM's that allow different configurations for a single output when it comes to things like flashing or being on permanently.

Default Re: Feature request thread

One taken from another thread in this section.

A useful function would be a "Lamp test" that was able to be selectively applied on any output, so if you have anything connected to a lamp you can select the lamp test logic and have the output go active for a short period on initialization of the smartwire. Similar to the lamp/display test on the IQ3 on power up.

A suggestion was made to the OP in the other thread to parallel another output to the lamp to be tested, pulsing one for 3 seconds using Smartwire #1(x1ee) as the condition but it obviously that ties up an output of the smartwire to do a function that might be better achieved in software.

1. Multiple output configurations. Ability to use multiple configurations on an output. We recently had an issue where we wanted to have one input that could turn on headlights permanently, and then use a separate input switch to make the lights flash. With the current setup you can only have an output doing one thing..... either on, latched, flashing etc. I know we could run a separate output to the lights and have that output setup differently but that seems a bit ridiculous when I already have wires going there and a software based power controller. We have setup MOTEC PDM's that allow different configurations for a single output when it comes to things like flashing or being on permanently.

2. Warning lamp test checkbox. Applied in each individual output channels so that when the Smartwire powers on it activates circuits that are ticked for a preset time (say 2 seconds) just to quickly test any lamps attached to those circuits.

3. Minimum output warning. Ability to set a minimum output for channel so that when the channel is in an on state, but it doesn't meet that minimum it will put an alert up on the dash with the channel number .....like Output Low #15 or something like that so you know that there is an issue with that circuit not drawing as much as you expect. This will help with connectors that haven't been plugged in or wiring that is disconnected without you realising.

1. Multiple output configurations. Ability to use multiple configurations on an output. We recently had an issue where we wanted to have one input that could turn on headlights permanently, and then use a separate input switch to make the lights flash. With the current setup you can only have an output doing one thing..... either on, latched, flashing etc. I know we could run a separate output to the lights and have that output setup differently but that seems a bit ridiculous when I already have wires going there and a software based power controller. We have setup MOTEC PDM's that allow different configurations for a single output when it comes to things like flashing or being on permanently.

2. Warning lamp test checkbox. Applied in each individual output channels so that when the Smartwire powers on it activates circuits that are ticked for a preset time (say 2 seconds) just to quickly test any lamps attached to those circuits.

3. Minimum output warning. Ability to set a minimum output for channel so that when the channel is in an on state, but it doesn't meet that minimum it will put an alert up on the dash with the channel number .....like Output Low #15 or something like that so you know that there is an issue with that circuit not drawing as much as you expect. This will help with connectors that haven't been plugged in or wiring that is disconnected without you realising.

4. Ability use GPS speed as a trigger. I guess this might not be possible for technical reasons (maybe GPS speed is some kind of maths channel or something) but I want to be able to use GPS speed as a trigger for a Smartwire output but there doesn't seem to be an option to select it from the dropdown.