Thread: VNET - CANBUS etc

Default VNET - CANBUS etc

Hi there,

We are building a new car and something we're wanting to do is take the reading from the IQ3's GPS speed signal and use that info to feed another device that's controlling our active front and rear aerodynamics.

So in short, just wondering if it's possible to get some kind of interface into the VNET so that we can read that data using our other device....... is there such a setup that would be easy to do ??

Default Re: VNET - CANBUS etc

Just became a member here and this is my first post.
    In response to your question....
    Racepack makes an interface that has programable outputs each interface has two outputs. You can program the outputs to turn on fans at certain temps. In your case you could use the interface and trigger the output at a certain GPS speed.
    The output would feed the coils on a relay and you could control your aerodynamics.
    Call and ask for the "v-net Relay module"
    I have about 20 or so out there working great and controlling many different items.

Thanks for the reply........... sounds like that would be a good option.

I should have been clearer now that I re-read my original post. The other device that is controlling the active aero on the car is controlled with CANBUS so I was hoping to be able to convert the VNET data into CANBUS data stream that the other device can read........

We will no doubt be able to make some other kind of output from the module you mention work with something else in between, but ideally I wanted to essentially do a VNET to CANBUS converter....... I'm going to claim lack of sleep for my crappy original post !

Quote Originally Posted by f1racr
    Hi there,

We are building a new car and something we're wanting to do is take the reading from the IQ3's GPS speed signal and use that info to feed another device that's controlling our active front and rear aerodynamics.

So in short, just wondering if it's possible to get some kind of interface into the VNET so that we can read that data using our other device....... is there such a setup that would be easy to do ??
    I bought one of these modules recently. I was going to make a separate thread about it but haven't got around to it.

230-VM-Relay Module. Only problem was when I tried to program it, I could not use GPS_MPH as one of the inputs. It allowed me to use any of the additional VNET add ons I had such as oil pressure, RPM, USMs, water temp, but since GPS_MPH is built into the IQ3 it is I guess technically not on the VNET can bus? Which kind of defeated the purpose I had bought this thing for. I wanted to have it turn on my ReplayXD camera using GPS speed but now I have to figure out a different input instead.

I will take a screenshot of the available inputs. I don't see how you can use the GPS speed as the "enable logging" channel but can't select is as an input for anything else.

Interesting, I was thinking of doing the same, I have an AEE cam for which there is no interface.

I can probably still use it if I can rig a cam input to trigger it (On the cam itself) as I have a wheel speed input I could use in place of the GPS speed.