Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Custom Runlog Pages

Default Re: Custom Runlog Pages

Looks like I may have done it.

Instead of using the inbuilt ACCEL G function I created a maths Chanel called ACCEL = 'Accel G'*9.80665. This converts the Accel G into acceleration m/sec˛, then I smoothed it to 100.

The result is what I'm looking for, I may play around with the smoothing but it is looking promising.

What it does show is at Sydney Motorsport park the blue (2017) was accelerating faster than red (2015) at the same speed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    Your suggestion for speed/accel G may actually work. Is the option in Datalink? Not sure if I have seen that graph option. However it would be good to be able to compare many sets of data.
    In this thread, there is a post of mine of Mon Apr 11, 2016 in which I showed how to plot any parameter on the x-axis and y-axis. I added the ability to overlay data from the reference lap and that's the way I created GPS_MPH vs Accel G plot that I showed yesterday. In any event, I'm glad you found what you are looking for.

I have one more possible idea that could be of interest. That being said, I have not really played with it very much and I haven't seen how to adapt it to closed course data sets, but if you have installed the demo files when you installed DataLinkII, check out the boat demo. There is a way to have DataLinkII compute the time required to accelerate from one speed to others. See the attached picture. Clicking on the "?" on the demo page will bring up a help window on how to use this Runlog page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dasing
    Clicking on the "?" on the demo page will bring up a help window on how to use this Runlog page.
    That only give the time, however it maybe useful, again many thanks.

Side by side video of how I wasted the improvement in the car
    https://youtu.be/mjC0_qlE-K4

Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    Side by side video of how I wasted the improvement in the car
    Sorry to hear that. The video is great. Side-by-side video with the reference lap in DataLinkII would be nice.....

Will do that on the weekend

Ooops. What I intended to say was that it would be nice if we could get better video integration into the DataLinkII program. I like your side-by-side video and I'd like to be able to have DataLinkII be able to do something similar while being able to change Runlog pages without the videos closing. And being able to resize the videos while keeping them at the proper aspect ratio would be great too.

Thought I would show my latest use of custom runlog pages... It is first pass video for the Team Racepak application this year! Feedback appreciated!

https://youtu.be/qaEaFARxHuM

Very nice, and best of luck! Hopefully your helping some people on this forum and telling others on Facebook about Racepak products adds to your application.

PS I have also enjoyed your other track videos on YouTube which feature Racepak data overlays.

Thanks. Looking at adding a USM soon to bring in the suspension sensors. Lots of plans for 2018

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345