Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slowing the refresh rate?

Default Re: Slowing the refresh rate?

oh well, you are stuck with Windows 3.1 program

Yeah I have exactly the same issue with my fuel level.......... it's not a big issue when you've got a reasonable amount in, but as you get down to the last quarter of a tank say and then start some long corners the fuel light comes on and goes off as you go through the corner........ very annoying.

As you say, I imagine it would be a really simple software change to solve this so that we could sample at a larger rate or even sample at the same rate, but have it average the last 10 data points to get a value instead of taking an absolute.........

As someone else suggested........ a feature request section would be awesome but not sure it would get done even if there was a list !

Yeah, it kind of annoying Fraser, I'm sure the software guy at Racepak could fix this issue in mere minutes!
    .....it's a pity I really like the look and layout of the IQ3, but the development is very average :roll:

Yeah well I started as sort of feature request thread to either fix current issues or add new features and as far as I know it's been ignored.......

As you say, very frustrating......... great product but worse than average support via this mechanism.

I have the dreaded fading segments issue again and never received any reply to a couple of emails requesting some information, or even supply of parts. Having heard no more I am not very keen on sending my dash off to the US for repair in case that is when the parent compay goes from bankruptcy protection to actually belly up, leaving me with nothing. I guess I iwll disassemble and clean again and see if I can get some better quality elastomeric connector to fix the issue for good.

Unfortunately I would have to say that support outside the US is poor, about the only avenue available is this forum unless you want to stay up to stupid O'Clock to make an expensive international call. And the forum is pretty much ignored it would seem.

Mostly good hardware (Hard to rate it any better than that when I get called over to the car on a dyno day to interpret the temperature reading when some segments die) reasonable but not awesome software and seemingly not much development going on. I am seriously considering using next years budget to replace it with a MoTec dash. At least they have good support here in Australia even if I might have to sell my kidneys to get one.

One feature I would really like is remote shift lights that mirror the ones on the dash, not available unfortunately, but MoTec have them.

I would love something like a smartwire, but the lack of support for what I have not makes me leery, I would have to have two, identically programmed but if there was a software bug rather than a hardware failure I could still be stuffed.

Yeah it's a real shame.......... I don't understand why they're not more responsive than they are.......

There's obviously a lot going on with Racepak at the moment so I hope our comments are taken in a constructive manner and more support options worked on for future and development of the products gets some focus too....

Seems as you've said that the US gets better support than international and it seems like drag racing in particular.....

The best way to slow the rate for fuel level would be to change the Vnet update rate to '1' and then apply the maximum filtering for the channel. This should smooth out the readings for you on the dash.

As far as the segment issue goes, I would recommend sending the dash back to us for a warranty repair. There has been an update to the IQ3 to correct this issue. I understand that international shipping is a concern, but I can assure you that this fix will correct the problem.

International support is a tricky thing for a company like ours based in Southern California. However, we have dealers around the globe who should be taking on this task in some small capacity to assist our international customers. We have Haltech in Australia, FuelTech in Brazil, Post & Dros in the Netherlands, Webtronics in Canada and several other smaller dealers.

The forum was intended to be a user-supported site, for the community to discuss things. Our technicians browse the forums to see if there are potential issues or concerns, but I would always recommend contacting our tech support directly at (949) 709-5555 and leaving a voicemail along with a good time to call you back. I, along with the rest of the Racepak customer support team have made calls to international customers at "stupid o'clock" to address concerns and even assist them by remotely accessing their PCs to help diagnose problems.

Also, I'd like to add that their will be an update to the feature request thread shortly, addressing the requests there.

Please contact me if you have any questions/comments/concerns.

Thanks,
    Todd Paton
    todd@racepak.com
    949-709-5555 ext. 1652

Thanks Todd,

Your reply is appreciated by everyone I'm sure.........

I am sure that you guys are doing what you can, I guess it's just really hard sometimes to see those efforts from this far away.

Thanks for the tip on the "refresh rate" of the fuel channel....... I'll give this a go and see if it helps and feedback here.

Hi Todd,

Just trying to follow your instructions for adjusting the fuel level sensor so it's not changing so quickly and am getting a bit confused !!

I would have assumed that if the sensor is changing quickly that I would want to reduce the update rate as you've mentioned, but the description in Datalink says to do the opposite....
    It says "Select higher update rates if the value being measured changes rapidly" but I'm guessing from what you've said (which makes more sense) then that description in the Datalink software should read "Select lower update rates if the value being measured changes rapidly".

The main issue I see is that even at 1 update per second I think that will be too quick.... our issue mostly happens on long corners where the fuel can move quite a lot for at least 2-3 seconds or more and so it will still bring the light on during the corner which is disconcerting as you're kinda busy on those long corners !! There really needs to be something like 0.1 or something so that it only updates every ten seconds instead......

I've highlighted it here.....

Also, as a side note............ should the smooth depth points be set to 1 also ?

It would refer to a sensor thats value changes fast that you actually want to see or log that fast, ie wheel speed, rpm, fuel pressure ect that might update fast or spike up then come back down, in that case you would want the fastest Vnet update rate, and also logging rate to be the same, or higher then what the sensor updates at, for example if a pressure sensor updates at 50hz, you would want to update and log at 50 or ideally 100hz ect.

If its a slow changing sensor, ie temp sensor or clutch switch which might only change values at 1hz or 0.5hz then you would only need to update on the Vnet and Log at a slower rate, ie 1hz, 5hz ect to conserve vnet data or logging space.

However yes in the case of a fast sensor that dosent need to be logged or viewed fast, like the fuel level, the sensor might update at a high rate, but the actual tank level wouldnt, so you can select a lower rate as you dont need to know 100hz (100 times a second) the fuel tank level

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast